Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replacing the Diesel Filler Pipe:

I did consider doing this, but avoided it to save any protective paint put over it before fitting. Good to know that it makes the job easier, it seemed to be the main cause for being unable to get past the tight fit of the body and chassis

Right enough Bob,When I removed bracket there was no paint underneath ,it was an aftermarket part ,not Toyota. I have started painting all parts that are fitted in exposed areas underneath with grey electricity pylon paint ,it actually looks good when dry almost like galvanising. I spent a while removing rust underneath and treating with Dinotrol products and it seems to be standing up to salt dose issued by East Ayrshire council so far. Niall

Nothing much to offer here apart that I am doing the same thing with my 100 at the moment. The tank and guard are off and stripped back for fresh paint and protection. The guard does need repair work. The straps are ok for now. I will be replacing the fuel lines in clear plastic fuel hose with minimum connections. There will be a connection to the tank pick up and the other end at the fuel primer to the filter. The pipe will be dipped in hot water to soften when fitting to give a good seal and I will fit two pipe clamps to each joint. Nothing worse than air leaking in. Another top tip when using clear fuel pipe is to create a high spot in the fuel line under the bonnet, because;- When the vehicle is parked up, when you do your checks like dipping the oil etc. look at the clear fuel line for air bubbles? It should be clear, but this is a simple on going diagnostic check on the fuel line. No computer diagnostic nonsense!

Last edited:
Back