Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Respraying a BJ45 from white to beige 416 (see picture) - colour search

adrianwray

Country Flag
uk
We are well underway renovating a BJ45 (see the picture) and about to respray. People have been very helpful with finding parts etc. - thank you all.

I'd like to spray it Toyota Beige 416 (it was white).

Can anyone now let me know where the paint colour can be sourced or how we can get a swatch to colour match?

Any help or experience in this area would be most welcome.

Many thanks
Adrian

07 919073171

Attachments

• IMG_1386.jpg
    IMG_1386.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 888
Most good paint suppliers will have a scanner or a set og colour maps they can use to get the RAL code for the paint you need. if in the south west i can help you with contacts.

The guy doing the spraying has given me 2 swatches of what he calls beige 416 and beige 464.

Unfortunately I've nothing to check it against to see how close the colour matches the original.

Any thoughts....?

Adrian

i dont think they are ral colours codes so i dont know.
stu

Thanks for the input anyway - I now have a RAL swatch to look at and compare.

A

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Adrian have a look on CooLCruisers.com have all the codes good look with it from Tony:thumbup:

Hi Adrian have a look on CooLCruisers.com have all the codes good look with it from Tony:thumbup:

Morning Tony,

Are you well?

Yup, looks good, have to decide on colour this afternoon as the paint needs to be ordered to start the respray on Monday.

Thanks for the tip.

Adrian

Hi and good morning I am well r you ok the cruiser is looking good and it will look good in
Dune Beige, Code 416 I wood love to see pics of it in the beige good look on Monday
And let's have lots of pics of to a classic vehicle show up in Hoghton Tower Nr Preston
On Sunday 7th September thanks Tony

I'll post some pictures when they are available, probably be a while yet though.

Best wishes

Adrian

Thanks Moggy1968

I see what you mean and it suits perfectly.

We have decided to go with the greyer 416 Beige and hope it looks ok on a BJ45.

We'll soon see!!

Thanks again

Adrian

i think it will look quality:thumbup:

its a more classic colour i think, very suited to a 40 series
pics will be required!

Morning Adrian let,s have pics of the cruiser is it looking good R you ok
From Tony .:thumbup:

Morning Tony

Things are taking longer than expected - they always do.

We reckon on spraying next week but the guy doing it is about to unexpectedly go away for a fortnight so might be a further delay.

Better to wait and get the right result rather than rush it.

Was planning to go to Stratford next weekend for the Overland show - sadly without the BJ45

Regards

Adrian

Hi Adrian and good Morning will it be going to Lincomb and in the new colour on 10 to 12 of October it
Wood be good to see you and the 45 is all well from Tony .big :thumbup:

Might be ready by then so will try to make Lincomb.

I've snapped my achillea tendon so will someone to drive me there.

Catch up soon

Adrian

Back