Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

retro fit pitch/roll , compass unit

roy

Country Flag
scotland
hi there picked up a pitch/roll , compass unit for the dashboard from a local breakers for a few bucks,

i know they are a bit gimmicky but it adds some detail to a rather bland interior

has anyone retro fitted one of these units ?

it has the wiring attached with the plug to go into the loom,

does anyone know if the loom will have the wiring for this unit, as an optional extra ?
or are the looms all made for each car and its oprions ?

any help is appreciated, before i go exploring under the dash.

cheers roy

Anybody know if there is a unit like this that would fit on the dash of an 80? I had a look at one in a 90, but the dash iss a different shape and this wouldn't fit an 80.

Hi Roy, I believe it's a straight forward install. My 90 had one installed afterwards, and as far as I can tell, it's cut a small hole for the wires and plug it into the opposite connector.

Chris may come along in a minute and correct me though

That's about it. But you also need the sensor behind the nearside headlight. The loom is all there. I actually have a spare new loom of the cable won't quite reach the ECU. It simply plugs in as an extension. Getting it all lined up and right on the dash is the tricky bit. All worked perfectly.

Chris

hi chris
what is the sensor you are speaking of?

That would be the one that goes behind the headlight Roy. For the the pod on your dash. If you look behind the headlight you'll see a lonely little grey plug. That's where the sensor plugs in. Without it you won't get temp - you might get all the other functions, I don't know. Maybe yes, maybe no. I had one, so it always worked for me.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
update on fitting,

well got the unit installed, it was fairly easy once i found the plug on the loom which was a pain in the arse to find.

for anyone else fitting the same unit the plug on the loom is accessed behind the glove box.

all works fine except the tempreture sensor,

on one of the modes there seems to be pressure gauge, is this for boost pressure ?

I think the pressure referred to is the Hyperbaric pressure, ie the weather. 1014 millibars etc.

Back