Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Review: strong 150Wat ETFE Solarpanel

Surfy

etfe-solar-solarpanel-panel-photovoltaic-module-modul-review-test-vanlife-overlanding-001.jpg

etfe-solar-solarpanel-panel-photovoltaic-module-modul-review-test-vanlife-overlanding-006.jpg

I have recently looked at 2-3 semi-flexible solar panels more closely, that is with me rather an ongoing task because my brother hijacks the panels continuously also again. My latest purchase is really good - with picture-in-picture I tried to visualize the performance.

Of course, the solar panel can't do magic either, but I've never seen such a yield in partial shading or under heavy cloud cover.

How good the workmanship is you usually only see over the years - here everything looks quite promising at first glance. A semi-flexible 150 ETFE Watt solar panel for less than 180 Euro - is really a bargain!

This solar panel is so flexible that it is better to mount it firmly. I always carried my flexible solar panel under the mattress in the Land Cruiser and only put it up when needed - I wouldn't expect this rather filigree solar panel to be used that way.

Article/Review: Review: Powerful 150 watt ETFE solar panel - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

The article visualizes also other situations and their light output. A pretty strong result!

My new travel vehicle (the presentation still follows) also with firmly stuck 390Watt on the roof comes along - I can at least also the use of semi-flexible ETFE solar panels on the roof - quite well judge. Works. Walkable with solid substrate. However, the comparison to glass based solar panels above is missing in my personal experience.

I hope the kind of visualization pleases :cool4:

Surfy

Last edited:
Thats amazing Surfy. A rigid one on the roof of my caravan does well on overcast days or partial shade, but nothing like that ! Good find.

The fact that it performs well even in partial shading or under heavy clouds is seriously impressive. And for less than 180 Euros? That's a steal! It's reassuring that everything looks promising at first glance. Plus, the visualizations you shared really drive home its strong performance. Your setup with the 390W on the roof sounds solid. Walking on it with a solid substrate is a nice touch.

Back