Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RIP Nelson Mandela

warrenpfo

For those who don't know he has passed away this evening. In my eyes a great man who did so much for a country that he loved.

God bless and may he rest in peace

I hadn't heard, that's a great shame. Death comes to us all eventually and he lived to a decent age. Just a shame he lived so much of it in captivity.

He'll certainly be remembered with fondness and respect by a great many people across the world, for all the right reasons.

Yep, undue oppression causes desperate actions. He spent a long time locked up for it, then reality kicked in. Good guy, but the final outcome is still a mess IMH (and not so properly informed) opinion.

I've got several good friends in SA and life is getting tougher. :icon-neutral:

Last edited:
“Death is something inevitable.
When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace.
I believe I have made that effort and that is, therefore, why I will sleep for the eternity.” ~ Nelson Mandela (1996)

But he was bad ass terrorist.

Promised the blacks every thing, delivered very little in actuality.

Look at RSA now, and where is it better?

Gra.

I always ask myself what would I have been like if I was born black and grew up in SA, and without doubt I would have been very bitter and hateful of the apartheid system and probably resorted to the MK terrorist activities.

In his youth he was said terrorist, but you cant argue since his release from prison he was a great leader only looking for reconciliation. IMO if it had been anyone else SA could very well have ended in civil war with much bloodshed and many deaths.

Sadly his last days were dragged on for no real reason but in the end had a good innings. RIP

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
One of the most widely respected leaders of our time.

RIP Nelson Mandela.

Last edited:
I only know of him what I've read in the media. Undoubtedly he was a great man for his fight against apartheid but people tend to forget in his early life he was a terrorist, in the 1960s the ANC began to advocate violence, and Mandela was made the commander of its armed wing.
He was arrested for sabotage and sentenced to life imprisonment in 1964, he was released in 1990 after 27 years in prison.
One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist.

Last edited:
Well said Chas, the political spectrum seems to be filled with 'reformed' terrorists.

I find it difficult to have a positive view of anyone who needs to use terror tactics.

I find it difficult to have a positive view of anyone who needs to use terror tactics.
A bit like some of the threads on this forum.

lol-045.gif
lol-045.gif
lol-045.gif

Back