Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

Just looking at the map thinking about next year and wondered if you could google that supermarket you use Clive and give us the address if you wouldn't mind .

It's Mega Image Shayne, the one at the bottom of the hill just across the main road DN1 junction.

Just type in Mega Image Comarnic Romania, its on "Strada Republicii"

Mega Image.jpg

Cheers Clive it just makes life easy having a specific destination though looking at the map detours from the motorway to points of interest to break up the journey will add as much to driving time as it will down time . On reflection i realize now it's the home to Calais bit i need to look at .

Cheers Clive it just makes life easy having a specific destination though looking at the map detours from the motorway to points of interest to break up the journey will add as much to driving time as it will down time . On reflection i realize now it's the home to Calais bit i need to look at .

Welcome Shayne, decisions, decisions... :icon-biggrin:

I was trawling through my grey matter trying to remember where i was , what time we set out and what time we stopped for the night and that kind of thing hoping for a good place to schedule a stopover to suggest itself when i realized we had been on the go for 24 hours at least when we stopped for our first night in France .

The drive home wasn't a marathon because we left your house at a time that suited us relaxed and fresh , despite only having occasional navigation (which twice took us into city centres where we wasted an hour or two trying to get back to the ring road , thank god for Ram's uncanny ability to communicate with just about anybody regardless of language , and a few other wrong turns besides as we were guessing where we were going ) 2 nights camping and we were in Calais none the worse for wear and pretty much untested . We should have slept there instead of pressing for home which for us added about 6 or 7 hours to what was a reasonably long day .

So there you have it an obvious tactical error which explains the motorway monotony .

The Dover-Barry run, on essentially the M4, is truly a soul destroying run. When I did Heathrow to Barry the week before last, I thought it was never going to end!

Tag that on to the end of a long run, I'll bet you were ready to shoot yourselves! :?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When we did the Romania trip vast sections of the M4 were diverted so we had the satnav demanding we do 20 miles b road backtracking to get back on the motorway or detour signs set out by Jeremy Beagle to choose from :|

When we did the Romania trip vast sections of the M4 were diverted so we had the satnav demanding we do 20 miles b road backtracking to get back on the motorway or detour signs set out by Jeremy Beagle to choose from :|
:laughing-rolling:

What are you laughing at - at least i did it in a Landcruiser :think: what were you driving i forget now was it an austin perambulator or something similar :lol:

No hang on it was a VW i think ......... bloody foreigners coming over here and polluting the place :laughing-rolling:

Last edited:
What are you laughing at - at least i did it in a Landcruiser :think: what were you driving i forget now was it an austin perambulator or something similar :lol: No hang on it was a VW i think ......... bloody foreigners coming over here and polluting the place :laughing-rolling:

Correct, it was a little petrol polo pram, but the push handle stows neatly away, it's quite a clever disguise!

TBH, I do feel like a foreigner now when I come back to the UK!

I was laughing at the Jeremy Beagle bit Shayne, like there was some conspiracy against you getting home, it does feel like that sometimes.

Coming to your place, after getting off the M4 OK, even with the sat nag I missed the slip road left off the A4232, which gave me a massive detour all around Dinas Powys, to get to Barry :icon-rolleyes:. What am I like?? How embarrassing! :lol:

I was laughing at the Jeremy Beagle bit Shayne, like there was some conspiracy against you getting home, it does feel like that sometimes.

I know but it was an excuse to take the piss :icon-wink: It was good to see you and your clan and you know where it is now and you know your always welcome :thumbup:

I know but it was an excuse to take the piss :icon-wink: It was good to see you and your clan and you know where it is now and you know your always welcome :thumbup:

Cheer's Shayne... :thumbup:

Be careful what you wish for :lol:

sorry just got back from a trip

CLIVE

Thanks camera was on the table waiting for me

I thought I'd post here just to show the contrast between summer and autumn, here's a few photos of (and taken from) and from the garden...

the green walnut tree gone yellow, ready for the "drop"

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

They're only iPhone photos but you can see the autumn colors coming in the hills

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Might take a ride out today... It's very sunny this morning

image.jpeg

Some cracking photos there Clive. Especially like the one third from last. Autumn colours are such a joy.

Thanks Rich/Chas, the colors of autumn here are a bit like a sunset, spectacular and then gone.

We did take a ride out today, but to save cluttering Mike's (ratrace's) thread I'm starting a thread called "Romania - Clive's Excursions" for anyone interested...

post what you like now as am working on next year trips to Romania

oh fix the drone, there was a small wire broken

Last edited:
Back