Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania bound (east bound and down)

sounds and looks like you had a great trip josh!
seems like the 80 is giving you something back for all that hard work you put in. impressed?..

sounds and looks like you had a great trip josh!
seems like the 80 is giving you something back for all that hard work you put in. impressed?..
It's not over just yet thank God still got until Sunday to get the ferry back. What a machine is all I can say, at 24 years old with over 200000 miles on the clock it will still sit all day on a motorway, off road all day and climb mountain passes all day in hot weather. Why did they ever need to change the design???

Last edited:
We are now in Croatia near the plitvice lakes, 400 miles in just under 8 hours. Most of the journey it rained and was cold so was more pleasant in the car. Camping at "bear camp" and for the first time In a week and a half we've actually sun bathed! Overrated if you ask me I was looking for some track in the local area! Anyway we aim to look round the lakes early in the morning then go to "Rovinj" which is only 3 hours away. Will report back tomorrow with pictures.

We stayed at the campsite directly opposite. Camp korana. Managed to walk round the lakes and have an awesome day just before an almighty thunderstorm started as we arrived at camp. Have fun.

Glad you enjoyed it Josh , i've been 3 times and still i feel i could happily spend a full year touring Romania and still want more even if Owra and Clive weren't so welcoming :thumbup:

It's not over just yet thank God still got until Sunday to get the ferry back. What a machine is all I can say, at 24 years old with over 200000 miles on the clock it will still sit all day on a motorway, off road all day and climb mountain passes all day in hot weather. Why did they ever need to change the design???
i know what you mean. id be more than happy if they would just stop discontinuing parts.
enjoy the rest of your trip.:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The plitvice lakes were just as incredible as they look on the pictures, we were there for 9 and had about 3 hours looking round them. Would highly recommend to anyone to go have a look, not stupidly expensive neither and you can basically just "wander round" which is what we did. Last night we stopped in Rovinj which was 4 hours from plitvice so we were there for early evening. We went for a swim in the sea, saw loads of crabs and even more lizards (I think it was I'm no animal expert btw). The campsite was in prime location, 2 min walk from the sea and about 20 min to the town, we went out for food and drink just as the sun was setting, it was idyllic to say the least.

20180828_093427.jpg 20180828_095340.jpg 20180828_101018.jpg 20180828_100014.jpg 20180828_172337.jpg 20180828_192337.jpg 20180828_194618.jpg

And now we're at lake garda at a place called Bardolino, updates to follow

Sounds great Josh. Love the pics. Lake Garda is pretty. Every town round it has a different vibe. We stayed in Limone and got the boat round the Lake. Check out the bike shop between Torbole and Linfano on the linfano side of the bridge. It has a name you wouldn’t get away with in England. :lol:

Lake garda was all lovely just as you'd expect, this is the only campsite we've had 2 nights at too so was nice to get up and not have to dismantle our home! We obviously gorged on pizza pasta and wine for 2 days so what's not to like really. Had all good plans this morning to get up and be gone by 9 but the weather had other ideas, thunderstorm set in at 5 this morning, not ideal when every vent is open on the oztent so it's no longer waterproof, George was up though and ran round sealed us up. By the time it had passed and we'd got stuff packed away we didn't get off till 10 and with 490 miles to do we better get a wiggle on! So the cruiser has had a hard day bless her only to stop for fuel all day and it's sat at 70 no bother. So here we are in langres beer in hand and George is set about making Paella. Mmmmmm

20180829_193134.jpg 20180829_193609.jpg 20180829_194724.jpg

And as with everything all good things have to come to an end :( We were both absolutely gutted this morning getting up and packing away for the last time. But what an experience it's been, we wouldn't have changed a thing! The highlight for me was certainly in Romania, the off roading, the views, the roads, all stunning. All in all we covered 4500 miles in 2 and a half weeks, there was only one day of the holiday we didn't drive haha. The car hasn't given us any issues, i've topped the oil up a tad that's it, what a machine. So until the next trip that's it, keeps me busy anyway i now have something to plan!

Back