Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania - Clive's House and Excursions

It will look good mate i just know it , a warrior dressed for battle :icon-twisted:

Last edited:
No trip this weekend. It's been drizzle and rain with fog, a typical Autumn day.

I spent a while picking up apples and nuts from the garden.

Over the last 4 or 5 weeks, I must have filled 20 or more buckets like this one...

IMG_8657.JPG
IMG_8659.JPG

These are light, crisp, sweet and very juicy.

Reminds me of Harvest Festival celebrations we used to have eons ago in school, ha ha...

IMG_8663.JPG

Spooky sort of day, especially as it's just going dusk...

IMG_6414.JPG

Earlier on it was like this...

DSCN0770.JPG

Does size matter?

DSCN0771.JPG

Last edited:
12 February 2017

A bit of a leap from the last post in the Autumn, but I did venture out in the snow a little today...

Nice and cold ....

IMG_9201.JPG

And generally clear blue skies with some sunshine...

IMG_9195.JPG

Some strange looking icicles decorating the truck....

IMG_9196.JPG

But I thought it cold enough for my now muddy local track to be frozen enough to hold our weight...

IMG_9198.JPG

So far so good, but it's a climb so I concentrated on diff-locks and steering out of ruts, so there are few photos on the way up, until I got onto asphalt...

IMG_9199.JPG

This part from Secaria to Valea Doftanei isn't usually cleared of snow but today I was lucky

IMG_9200.JPG

It's great to get a bit of altitude and a view...

IMG_9202.JPG

IMG_9203.JPG

IMG_9204.JPG

IMG_9205.JPG

IMG_9206.JPG

IMG_9207.JPG

And the return, down towards our valley...

IMG_9209.JPG

IMG_9210.JPG

Dropping off the asphalt onto my local track...

IMG_9211.JPG

IMG_9212.JPG

Down towards the now piped stream...

IMG_9214.JPG

Up the other side...

IMG_9215.JPG

Keeping the power on with the rear locker keeping me steady on the climb...

IMG_9216.JPG

Some of the ruts I'd made on my way up, earlier...

IMG_9217.JPG

And home...

I was a bit afraid to be too adventurous on my own, so nothing too exiting, but there's snow and it can't be ignored :lol: IMG_9208.JPG IMG_9213.JPG

Last edited:
Wonderful scenery there Clive thanks for sharing.

Show the grip with your tyres?

Last edited:
Blimey, you guys are quick! I'm still editing out the spelling mistakes!

Can't shift those 2 stray photos at the end though.... never mind.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well that looks fantastic Clive but you're braver than me I wouldn't tackle that solo.

Well that looks fantastic Clive but you're braver than me I wouldn't tackle that solo.

Devil you know really, Chas.

That track is very familiar to me, I even know which trees to winch off if I get into difficulties.

Still, it always offers some challenges and it's right on the doorstep, which makes it irresistible in this weather. :lol:

Devil you know really, Chas.

That track is very familiar to me, I even know which trees to winch off if I get into difficulties.

Still, it always offers some challenges and it's right on the doorstep, which makes it irresistible in this weather. :lol:
Yes, familiarality would make a big difference, I could be persuaded though with you in front. :icon-rolleyes:

Its been a long time since posting on this thread, but we had some visitors yesterday and we did a quick spin out to the “hill”.

Of late, I’ve found that there’s a very small track going off the back of the hill, so we had a go. Trouble is, once committed, there’s no going back... and then it was a steep decent... and 4” thick icy...

All locked up, with the left front wheel on terra firma, praying the back end wouldn’t slew right round and take us over the edge... there was also a cross-fall to the right, so there would have been nothing to stop us if that left front had got onto the ice...

All good fun... :lol:

Clive all the videos on this thread, they're on YouTube? How do I find em

Thank you sir, found them all. Saves me watching some shite like Corrie anyway

Thank you sir, found them all. Saves me watching some shite like Corrie anyway
Tomorrow is the worst day. Every soap ever made is on. You may have to hunt down my offerings too!

Back