Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roo-lite bulb conversion ?

Hi shayne

I have the 240 lightforce on my hilux and looked at this a few weeks ago. They are a 2 prong 100w halogen lamp which isn't as good as you think. You have a aluminium ring as a lamp holder so you can machine anything to suit. A h1 was looking good.

Hey Stu

Yeah its the clear glass and big smooth reflector i want same as your 240 , was thinking philips H4 +200% would rock in that .

I have two 50" 300w curved lightbars on the front of the boat at present and in the past but once water gets in all you can do it bin them .

Salt water destroys everything but being able to change a bulb would be a boon .

Can't find a close up or breakdown of the Roo-lite to see what kind of bulb holder i might remove so i was hoping there might be some sort of plugin adapter that would allow me to fit a different bulb type .

Do they not do marine specific lighting ?
My go to if I want something that's decent quality and won't succumb to water ingress I visit the local marina or chandlery....
The IP rating on a lot of kit from China is wishful at best ....trouble is even good brands are made there...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back