Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

roof carrier cross bar question

DOBRO

Country Flag
united_states
I unthreaded the knob on the crossbar and now can't seem to thread it back in. Any tips or tricks that you could advise? Much apprectiated!

Hey guys thanks for the reply. I’ll snap a pic this evening and add it to this thread. For a better description it is the knob on the bracket which holds the crossbar in place or allows it to slide adjust forward or backward along the roof carrier. I loosened this to the point that the “knob” a knurled plastic covered adjuster, came off and now I cannot thread it back in. I will send pics later. Thank you and best regards. I have a 1996 lx450 fyi black. 220k and going strong. Just need to repair AC and right rear window regulator.

738E1A91-5350-4764-93D2-04160FFCFA94.jpeg

Attachments

• 7A5E1EB2-0611-4D44-A38D-69ABDD886D6D.jpeg
    7A5E1EB2-0611-4D44-A38D-69ABDD886D6D.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 11
The nut fell off inside the rail push a coat hanger of something down the channel to retrieve it

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ah, so they're after market rails. I was picturing the OEM roof rails in my head. I'm with Shayne on the diagnosis, a nut or threaded part of the clamp has fell off the back and is loose in the rail somewhere.

Oh my mistake I thought these were the stock set up (I have added Thule aero bars over the top of what I thought were stockers).

After a demented 45 minute version of the “crane game”. I successfully threaded these guys back on ( I had loosened two).

Thanks guys for your interest and suggestions.

Marcus

There she is and a close up of the aftermarket rack and what I thought was the original

The knob is original, along with what the knob screws into (OEM rails).
The crossbars are not original. And, tho, not germane to the convo.
Glad you got it handled.

So...when's the 3" lift going on?

They are different to the OEM roof rails we got here in the UK. These are the one's I'm familiar with...
C3DD3A5C-6B6F-4700-82D8-E6D6EC29E355.png
ED4B945E-924E-40E9-BE19-ECDB95702F92.png

Back