Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof tent in Holland , can anyone get it to the UK ?

Shayne

Guru
Daktent won't ship and it seems a ballache of a trip when i don't have time for anything other than to pick up and drive home . I'm 4 hours from Dover .

Seems unlikely but if i don't ask next week someone will post that they bought a van in Holland and drove it to Wales coz lifes like that .

If you can get it as far as Dover i can pick up and Hold, Till you sort 'summert'....

I may be driving to Amsterdam for the August bank holiday. Could strap to the roof if you wait that long

What sort of thing you going f9r Shayne?

Chap near me does hard top ones for a great price for cash

I'd be happy to drive to Dover Higgy but because ferries bore me to tears i'd go via Calias which means at best 9 hours there and 9 hours back . Thanks for the offer though :thumbup:

Simply put i want an ikamper skycamp Stu but smaller than they make and China won't sell me the one Daktent will (for twice the price) unless i collect it .

I'm keeping 7 seats so space on the rack is valueable .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Shayne I needed a bike from Harleem to Holyhead last year. Found a courier via shiply.com via a posting on this site. You could put in for a shipping quote that way. The guy I used was [email protected]#.u# ( you'll know what to do with the#)

3 different RTT sellers have told me to many damaged in transit so they prefer collection , which is understandable i suppose because where do they stand if its returned damaged and the buyer wants a refund .

Irony is its the Dover to home part of any trip i loathe hours drag and it doesn't feel like i'm getting anywhere , especially as theres been a ludicrous diversion on the M20 somewhere for years that makes you feel your driving around in circles for an hour , country lanes , tiny roundabouts , through town , usually at stupid oclock in the morning .

3 different RTT sellers have told me to many damaged in transit so they prefer collection , which is understandable i suppose because where do they stand if its returned damaged and the buyer wants a refund .

Irony is its the Dover to home part of any trip i loathe hours drag and it doesn't feel like i'm getting anywhere , especially as theres been a ludicrous diversion on the M20 somewhere for years that makes you feel your driving around in circles for an hour , country lanes , tiny roundabouts , through town , usually at stupid oclock in the morning .
Welcome to Kent Shayne.:lol:

Shane what about the grimsby to rotterdam or newcastle to amsterdam crossings or they too far from you and also harwich crossing to hook of holland

I'm doing Calais to Holyhead via Telford on the 31st of you are stuck and can get it to Calais. Not much use I know, but in St.Tropez currently, and won't be any further north

Harwich to Hook would look reasonable Steve had i not been getting 4 hour ferries since i was 2 years old and learned to hate them , 7 hours each way i'd wind up in an asylum for sure .

The drive doesn't bother me its the time , the tent isn't crucial and i've been stuck at a very early stage of my dream for this truck for months , plans were all laid out , paint shop , fabricators , whoever whatever all verified and confirmed . But crucial parts which dictate all other measurements didn't arrive . I'm not the most optimistic you might meet and the truck isn't even drivable right now but i am stubborn and determined it will all be done for the Romania trip - and i've finally been given a tracking number so i hope next week it will be all systems go .

Thanks Bob but as above , maybe i will detour to collect on the Romania trip and meet up with the other reprobates in Germany .

Shayne have you looked on Amazon? Some very similar tents that offer delivery.

What you doing with your trailer?

I searched Amazon and found very few if any roof tents , you sure you were on UK amazon ?

Trailer and the 90 is good for Lincomb and the likes or taking the kids but Romania or more or less a road trip to Clive's grand palace and even on a campsite its usually beer and bed . Might just sleep in the truck .

:think: it was a god send on that first run out to Romania though when it hammered down with rain most of the way hmmm my 90 while pulling it is at least as fast as an 80 not sure how i'd feel about people having to wait for me :|

Ah i found them on amazon - between 5 and 10 grand , i bet they sell like hot cakes :lol:

I seen it and i like it Jacob but its box like shape makes it as aerodynamic as a parachute which is a shame .

Back