Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof Tents amd Awnings

Anyone got any pics of a frontrunner mounted upside down ( 80 series)? What is the clearance like on the roof - we have sunroof (can use slide over tilt) but also a v small antenna mounted on the back end of the roof.

Looking for options for a hard RTT and not keen on roofbars (have read through and considered, Chris makes a valid point on page 3!)

Difficult to find nice ones over here; have also emailed Baja EU Dist as another option as they make lovely racks.

Cheers.

I have an older front runner roof rack mounted upside down with a maggi on it. I'm not sure if the legs are standard height or not as I bought it second hand. I can take photos or measure the height to see if it will clear your small antenna. The sun roof has loads of room for the tilt option.

I have an older front runner roof rack mounted upside down with a maggi on it. I'm not sure if the legs are standard height or not as I bought it second hand. I can take photos or measure the height to see if it will clear your small antenna. The sun roof has loads of room for the tilt option.

Thanks Grant - a photo would be really useful! I really want something thats strong enough to support the tent but also fits fairly flush to the roof, to keep it neat :)

I have a 1.6 Eezi on a Front Runner rack. It opens over the side.

8307DC63-8E16-44D3-B85C-2E412E96770D.jpeg
B05A55EB-F528-4CAD-A05B-8BC400194A95.jpeg

Not sure if it’s as flush as you are expecting. Keep in mind you need to be able to get underneath to fasten bolts etc
91DFE40F-6DD5-4A64-98E9-39B39374A7B2.jpeg
69B85BF4-55F2-486A-93B0-4748FD2A6930.jpeg

Thats great - thanks Grant. As always, a picture paints a thousand words! It looks like it should easily fit around our little antenna.

Back