roughtrax cv gaiter kit

roy

Country Flag
scotland
hi,

just going to do the gaiters on the front shafts as one has split,

so got through the roughtrax cv gaiter kit

20151231_153212.jpg

my question is as there are two types of boot clip which it to be used on the inside/outside of the drive shaft ?

this is the first set I am doing so it may be dumb question.

any guidance

chees Roy.

Hi Roy
The big clip goes on the big end of the boot and the small one goes on the small side if that's what you mean.hope that helps

no, I get that there are difference sizes for either end.

my point was there 2 different types of boot clip,
one style has to be pinch tight with a tool,
the other is simply pulled tight and folded over.

I wanted to know if there is a specific placing of these different clips,
ie. what ones go at the diff end of the shaft and which at the hub end.

I've just used one of those pull tight clips, not overly confident that it will keep tension in it myself as there appears to be no way of locking it tight

You just pull the loose end tight - then bend it back on itself and cut off any spare (leave at least 10mm as a tab).

I think that some have a method of locking the bent tab - by crimping a couple of upstanding tabs over it.

Bob.

They use a special tool to crimp the steel cable tie but you can use a pair of long nose pilers,

Pull the cable tight, then pinch the end with the long nose pillars then roll the excess over itself till you get to the end, pull the pliers out and then crush the rolled up section.

The key is not rolling the the excess cable part to tight or to too loose. You can snip the end down if it's to long before you start

If you google it or you tube you might find a video or better guide with pictures.

Edit -

Found one;

http://youtu.be/Kf8oIF_3s4E

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back