Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

running rough

joshg

Morning all,
My 01 d4d colorado runs like a dream but seems to be quite lumpy at idle. The engine sounds ok but the vehicle itself jumps about a bit, I dont remember my 96 colorado being like this although it was a few years ago and obviously a different engine. Is this normal? Or could there be something causing this?

Josh

joshg said:
Morning all,
My 01 d4d colorado runs like a dream but seems to be quite lumpy at idle. The engine sounds ok but the vehicle itself jumps about a bit, I dont remember my 96 colorado being like this although it was a few years ago and obviously a different engine. Is this normal? Or could there be something causing this?

Josh

What is the low idle speed of the engine?

Well thats not the problem then.............

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Does that engine have a timing belt or chain?

If it has a belt, it might be out a tooth or possibly the tensioner isnt moving smoothly?

Does it start easily, or need a couple of tries - thinking along the lines of a small air leak in the fuel line?

Pete

Hi Pete,

It starts fine and runs fine, just feels a bit lumpy when idling could just be me of course. Maybe if someone on here has the same model and is local, I may be able to see if theirs is the same?
Josh

Back