Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rust protection drill hole locations

Jureb

I am going to drill some holes (5 mm) and spray some Krown in hollow panels. I was thinking of drilling all 5 doors, middle/above of rocker panels, above rear wheel arches, maybe somewhere on the bonnet. Does anyone have some suggestions of exact drill hole locations?

The rocker panels normally already have several drain holes and plugs on the underside. The rear quarters should be fully accessible by removing the tail lamps.

On the same lines as uHu, - most areas have built in drain holes, sometimes too small and easily blocked. Look for those and maybe drill them bigger ?
If you open the doors and remove the plastic foot trim at bottom of door openings this will give you access through ready made holes in rocker panels/sills
I would be wary of spraying anything vertical from bottom/underneath of doors, in case it gums up window mechanisms.

Hi all... I have recently done this... Its easy and don't have to drill anything... Ideally remove the screws & sill panels along with the rear door sill panel, remove the tool kit door, and side panels, this with the plastic lugs removed will allow holes galore to spray into... Use a paraffin type spray gun, I mix waxoyl with used oil and thinners to water it down slightly, I also spray inside the chassis and underside sills, and body, the sills also have plastic plugs, I also spray into the rear of the front wings the access is via the front doors when open... Also pay attention to the front & rear chassis and above fuel tank.

Back