Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sad day, Don't hate me

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Well it had to happen sooner or later. 120 has been sold. Received a fair offer for it so off it went.

Had it from new, 2005 /55 plate with 141k miles on the clock. It wasn't fault free, but never let me down, but starting to rust in the usual places and had a drone from somewhere, I suspect the CV joint.

Not sure what next, will look around. Not a huge fan of the new 150's and everything is so expensive right now. Will see.

So down to a one car family for now, the Audi S5 is a nice place to be.

Attachments

• IMG-20230108-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230108-WA0001.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 23
That's a shame Tony, be interesting to see what you consider getting next. Nothing really stands out to me at the moment tbh....

Did you get shut of your Tesla?

Mrs wants a higher car, so some sort of cross over pretend a SUV vehicle. Personal choose would be something like the Porsche Macan, Audi Sq5 or the VW Touareg, but all are way over budget.

Tesla was a company car, changed jobs 4 months ago so I had to give it back.

Perhaps a EV or hybrid would be considered.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Contemplating this over christmas because im beginning to wonder if i will ever get anywhere i might need a cruiser for .and my friendly local mot place had pissed me off by adding some entirely unnecessary advisories .

Idle fantasy maybe but i sold them all and bought myself a motorbike .

It was a impulse sale and I may live to regret it, but the options are interesting.

Jaguar F Pace looks interesting as does the Merc GLC. Will need to go and actually look at these, but sadly these are all Chelsea tractors compared to the 120. (And yes I know compared to the 80's the 120 is a softy too)

Not a fan of the Hilux and that type of vehicle, don't like the rear "boot" space.

@Shayne didn't you nearly wipe yourself out on a motorbike? I think your Mrs will have a dim view of that

Aint nothing out there with 4 wheels that appeals to me , so it was like no repair costs or mot worries and cheap maintenance . I don't get out much but at least i'd still enjoy a run .Trying to justify it being a sensible choice i suppose .

I drove a GLC once and didn't think much of the visibility. But we're all used to vehicles with a lot of glass - not sure the modern ones are quite the same....

Shayne, just re-read your post, oops! fantasy, mine too! When we have been away ( some good trips) I view the bikes with a tad of envy, especially when we were on the NC 500 and Corsica, beautiful winding roads………

Last edited:
Like many have mentioned nothing currently available in the UK market from any manufacturer appeals to me .
Not any UK spec 4x4 or saloon or estate car from 2022/23 makes me want to go and buy it... and seemingly neither do many of the youngsters I know who are all going out and spending their money on cars and 4x4s that are frequently older than they are .
If I won the lottery but had to buy a 2022/23 model car I would still struggle ..... I could spend millions on late 80's to early 2000's vehicles though .

Back