Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Safari snorkel paper template needed urgently

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Chaps, I've two new wings to go on the 80 which means swapping the old Safari snorkel over. I was sure that I had the old card template in the garage but the only one I can find is from a Colorado! It must be around somewhere but it might take me weeks to find it. Does anyone have one they could lend / donate? I need to get the holes cut before they go off to paint. 24v 1995 oil burner.

Cheers

C

If you're desperate desperate, you can pop up and take measurements of the one stood in the yard fitted with a Safari snorkel.

Andy that's great thanks but I could measure the one I have here still on the vehicle!!

I'm not cutting into a brand new wing without the template I'm afraid. It's bad enough taking the plunge even when you know it's right.

Chris could you remove the snorkel and make your own template from the wing already on the truck it will have to be removed at sometime to fit new wing or is it your day to day go to do everything truck

I could Steve. But I'd really like to know if anyone has a template out there that I could borrow.

don't cost anything got to have an ask around there must be a like minded hoarder out there who has one of many

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well I certainly had two Steve. Maybe three. I gave one to Rob W years ago but have fitted 2 more since so can't quite understand why I can't find either of those! Hoarder? Guilty as charged Sir.

Contact safari and they should send you a new one. This is what was done with mine. I think it was Lorin who did this prior to selling it to me

20210728_211104.jpg

Qué? Ah, the shin shredding devices, yes look good, hurt even better.

Good Lord, is that actually a card template for a safari snorkel Nick?

Crikey, it's almost like someone has answered my question. Nick, I'll be in touch. Thank you.

Wonders never cease. Looksliek the angels have smiled on me. Went for another rummage and I THINK I have found the 80 template. It can't be anything else. Just need to go and offer it up. So you can stand down for the second Nick, many thanks. I should be OK. Just need the weather to behave for a minute so I can go and check.

No probs, thank trevor, he told me to keep hold of it.

ha ha, theres the slog iron!..

nice, i thought they were DMRs, i have the old V12s.

get yourself a pair of 5 tens and youll think you are glued to the pedals.

Back