Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain 12th December 2010 Newbie Run?

Yep. Just had to hang on and put faith in Mr Cruiser. If they were filming [obviously out bit was legal :thumbup: ] they would have become a hood ornament.

Pictures uploading

On a different note could you all keep an eye out on the Bay for a cheap CB that i could get in the next day or two so i can install it for Wales next weekend.

Perhaps best if we post findings on a different thread or PM me.

Just on your cb Warren, you can buy new for less than 100 poonds...

Looking forward to seeing your pics a bit bigger :cool:

Awesome day guys

Nice to meet the newbies and a shock that a Terecan actually can. I'll stick to the Cruiser though :D

I'll put the videos on utube soon. I think I got Simons unorthodox decent, that was scary just watching :o

Nice day out folks. Good seeing some new faces :cool:

Andrew - that hill we went up so easily, it almost claimed me on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and I think 5th attempt. Number 5 was the final warning. After hearing the other 120 could not make it up, I was convinced he could / should as it was so easy for me.
Well, run number one ended in lost of traction on the now glass like mud. Two, I made it higher but the slide back down was not nice. Subsequent attempts were the same. The final attempt I chose a different line which got me over half way up and was found wanting. After deciding that there was no way Tony could winch me the rest, I decided to go back down. Hair-raising does not describe it. In reverse, low and off the brake. Engine redlining, wild slide and bounce down to the bottom. Not nice. :shock:

When we did it, there was no effort but I think after Tony and then Les, it was like glass. Coming down was also a slide and you're there for the ride.
Simon: Have your eyes returned to normal size? It was like four dinner plates in the front as you two came shooting past me...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Here's where Paul and Les' group went:
12_12_2010.jpg

Google Earth: ELCO 12th Dec 2010.kmz

Warren, 4x4CB does a cheap CB. £50 for everything. Won't win any competitions but....

Crispin said:
Warren, 4x4CB does a cheap CB. £50 for everything. Won't win any competitions but....

Make sure you spend on a good aerial, a crap aerial on a good CB just makes it crap. A good aerial on a budget or mid range CB means you get the performance without having to splash the cash on an over technical CB.

No order and nothing special but gives an idea of the day.
If you want me to remove your number plate let me know :lol:

img2409o.jpg

img2381p.jpg

img2373b.jpg

img2366o.jpg

img2352oq.jpg

img2351gs.jpg

img2350r.jpg

img2333t.jpg

img2329c.jpg

img2327c.jpg

img2316u.jpg

img2312h.jpg

img2311k.jpg

img2307m.jpg

img2296z.jpg

img2295c.jpg

img2283a.jpg

img2279i.jpg

img2276yw.jpg

Especially as he was going backwards ;)

Trevor said:
Crispin said:
Make sure you spend on a good aerial, a crap aerial on a good CB just makes it crap. A good aerial on a budget or mid range CB means you get the performance without having to splash the cash on an over technical CB.
I bought a http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIRIO-HI-POWER-30 ... 3a4ae409c9 works fine mounted on the winch bumper. :thumbup:

Crispin said:
Simon: Have your eyes returned to normal size? It was like four dinner plates in the front as you two came shooting past me...
:shock: :shock: By the sounds of it at least I was going forward and the hedge at the bottom looked pretty treeless :thumbup:

Back