Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain 12th December 2010 Newbie Run?

I'll bring along a petrol powered stove and some pans if anyone needs them, and I've a spare 285 on a rim under the truck if that's of use.
So 10 am is the meet time? Cool, see you there.

I'm aiming to be there a bit earlier as will have to go through some stuff with my brother as he has never been off road and is in a Terracan so i want to go through the vehicle with him first. :doh: and might do some breakfast too.

"Final" list:
1. Crispin
2. Warren
3. Trevor
4. Tony
5. Andrew
6. Les
7. Paul
8. Tommo
9. Paul's bro (armed with Terror-can)
10. SimonD
11. Martin
[strike:2rj35y4s]12. James R[/strike:2rj35y4s]

This list is only final insofar as it's Saturday eve and we're meeting in the morning :mrgreen: Any last minute additions welcome :thumbup:

whereisgibson said:
I'm up for this, but I'm running a stock lc80 that some muppet fitted with a ground-anchor of a tow hitch. I'd like to come along if stock is welcome... :shifty:

Will put something in the newbie's section too.
I too have the ground anchor from hell but brute force and iggorance always seems to work for me :lol:

Paul said:
I'm aiming to be there a bit earlier as will have to go through some stuff with my brother as he has never been off road and is in a Terracan so i want to go through the vehicle with him first. :doh: and might do some breakfast too.
No worries - a few of us are hoping to get there closer to 9 to get the boerie cooking etc.

I think the terrorcan might surprise any snobs - I've heard a lot of good reports on them off-road. Maybe not as solid & tough as an LC but very respectable at the price. Up against the IFS cruisers it should hold its own! Road tyres and lack of clearance might hold it back but provided it doesn't need a tow off a level grass field, we can conclude that it's at least better than a 120 :lol:

Andrew Prince said:
but provided it doesn't need a tow off a level grass field, we can conclude that it's at least better than a 120 :lol:

OUCH!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:pray: I hope I don't get stuck now or there'll be more video footage taken than at the royal wedding next year :lol:

When it needed tyres recently i advised GG At2 so it has a new set on. From what i hear, it has selectable 4wd and has a low range box. The aussies quite rate them too which is normally a ggod sign.

whereisgibson said:
I'll bring along a petrol powered stove and some pans if anyone needs them, and I've a spare 285 on a rim under the truck if that's of use.

Is that on a 5 bolt alloy if so much appreciated.

Just returned from Tescos have loads of Biscuits for tea and will bring our stove and kettle to make a brew or 2 if anyone like bush tea.

Planning to be there for 9:30/45ish and am looking forward to meeting you all.

Nice to know I'm not the only one with a ground anchor. CB fitted today after dodging spider webs in the loft, tyres checked, rubber mats in, seat covers on, washer fluid filled to max.

Getting rather excited now, not really got anything to bring on the grub front but did suggest to Crispin that I'll make a financial contribution if thats okay.

So roll on tomorrow and look forward to meeting you all.

Up against the IFS cruisers!
bored now. Let's go find a place that you (assuming stock hight?) can go and I cannot without flooring it and brute force and ignorance (cause that'll start breaking ye olde 80's elbows 'n' stuff.) I'll be sure to keep my electrics dry as well. :twisted:

As for the grass story: I was on road tyres (and still pushed the 80 away ;) )

I think crispin has served his time on this subject, dont you?

Paul said:
I think crispin has served his time on this subject, dont you?
Agreed

He has more than served it and to be honest his little 120 has shown my 80 up a time or two since then :D

warrenpfo said:
whereisgibson said:
Is that on a 5 bolt alloy if so much appreciated.
I think the 80 has 6 studs but you're welcome to wrestle levers on it.

I dont think I can contain my excitment :dance:

I am coming with the wife (Michaela)

Drive safe and see you all on the road.

(Hoot for a cruiser)

So its now 09:08 - you guys must be on your third course by now!!! :lol:

Hope you all have a good day out - looking forward to the tales/pics/vids later on this evening :cool:

Well back now, and what a good day :thumbup:

And who would have known it........ Hyundai Teracans can really off road. Surprised a few people i think. Now the sister in law wants a proper offroader!

Oh, and the food was excellent :drool:

Back safe, no damage and no hassle from Range Wardens or the like, so all in, a good day. :thumbup:

Points to note,

1. A 120 series doesn't make an ideal ice breaker

2. Despite us referring to it as the Terracan't all day, it did okay!

Very enjoyable and good to meet everyone [south!] finally. Last descent before leaving was a bit of a butt clencher with the auto box not braking so well and cadence braking a bit long between applications. :)

Thanks for a good day out, guys - nice to meet the newbies and to catch up with the older ones :cool:
I hope everyone made it home intact - I caught up to Warren on the A303 after stopping to throw sky in my rounds (put air in my tyres in the words of Michael Naicker - Youtube for more info) so I presume that the rest of our group didn't stay much longer after I left?

Simon, was that the hill that Tony chewed up? Lucky Countryfile weren't filming that :lol:

Back