Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain Night Nav Exercise 29Dec10

Tommo&Claire

Garage
Okay guys the proposal is as follows...

The idea of a night sortie has been banded around of late and seems to be quite popular. Myself and Paul are prepared to pick up and run with this one but if we want it between XMAS and the New Year we’ll need some group decisions fairly swiftly as there is quite a bit of prep involved. The initial date that myself and Paul can do is the 29th. This gives us ten days to prepare this.

The idea would be for vehicles to arrive at the Bustard at a given time, on arrival i will issue you a map and a list of 8 figure grids. From this you will be able to plot a route. At each of the given grids will be a little something to do/collect but the exact format is tbc.

Vehicles will be sent in opposing directions and spaced at intervals of ten minutes, your mission, get round via all of the Waypoints and back to the Bustard in the shortest time.

All in the dark and should be quite a challenge.

If you want to use a GPS then it’s your call, but the idea is a bit of relational nav practice out on the ground, and anyone who is interested in this, by definition, would benefit from the practice.

Any takers....?

Mrs Trev is out, I'm possibly in but have 3 questions:-

Will my nearly shiny be okay on this one in terms of routes?

Can you PM me a crash course in nav?

It looks like I'll be solo and if I get into probs any chance of a tow (or removing 'munitions if i stray)

Well i guess something is still on for those who want to go, i know there are a couple signed up.
If i climb the walls anymore i might go now ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Argh! Would love to do this, but it looks like we will be going on another road trip to Ireland. If it does not happen I will join in on the fun

Back