Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Scorpion immobiliser removal.

essexpete

Country Flag
uk
Hi
I am trying to eliminate the negative and accentuate......

Last edited:
If it's the alarm, I think we can help with that.

Not quite sure what happened there.
Yes the scorpion immobiliser. Can get the engine to turn over by a bridge link but get the engine to start. Assume the fuel cut off solenoid is not energising. So many wires seemingly involved with the unit.
Thanks

Disable Alarm:- Unplug 918 box. Join Yellow/Red to Purple/Black.

Disable Immobiliser:- Join together the spliced wires shown on Page 9 (Attached).

Please be aware I was told this by Scorpion back in the day and have not tried it myself. Do so at your own risk and I would use low amp fuses to begin with to protect electricals. I cannot make out the sliced wires referred to on page 9 but these may be obvious on the car. I used to know the designer of this system. Scorpion disposed of all their test equipment and records years ago. Please let us know how you get on. I have all the records from Scorpion and they would make a good sticky. I take it it's the alarm with the black key fob with black and red square buttons on.

Attachments

• Scorpion..pdf
    942.3 KB · Views: 90
Thank you very much. I will have a look/fiddle when I get a chance. I will certainly report back.
Peter

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had issues with a Scorpion alarm many years ago, a quick call to them with your alarm details, and they will give you the confirmation of what to bridge to get running again

I found them pretty helpful at the time

@essexpete Does this help?..... Remember having a Scorpion on my T4 years ago.

Attachments

• 008308371_1-52123f8f378dbc406d2650fa952772df.png
    008308371_1-52123f8f378dbc406d2650fa952772df.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 63
Scorpion don't have any records for the 1990's and my friend there had to consult the paperwork but all that has gone now. They ceased trading but "Scorpion" started up again.

It will be a case of following the wires back from the control box then, it’s most likely it’s only 2 wires that will need te-joined and the rest can be just chopped out and insulated. Removing the dash panels will likely take the longest!

Am I missing something? I can spin the engine by bridging two wires. I just need to ID wires affecting the fuel cut off? I assume that must come through the alarm/immobiliser unit?

Which particular model alarm is it? Ultimately you're going to have to trace from the immobiliser to the joints into the ignition system.

With the alarm model fully unplugged and 2 wires bridged on the plug, I can spin the engine. The central locking works on the key or button on driver's door. It just will not start. I might run a wire from the box by offside battery to the fuel solenoid. There is, apparently, a switched feed in there. Probably an I line fuse for safety.

There may be two (or more) immobiliser circuits that require bridging...

1637840920487.png

Well I could not sort this even with the help on here. Customer has had a new basic alarm/immobiliser fitted on an immaculate 80 petrol complete with remote fobs for just over £300 so I have decide to do the same. Spent a huge amount on the old thing just lately but on the other hand it has not cost much since bought in 2004 and one of the few vehicles where depreciation has been low. I will let you know how I get on with the new immobiliser.
Thanks

Well done! Not many alarm fitters left now as new cars have had alarms for years now.

I will just mention the company, but not much use if not retively local: Pulse, Hadleigh, Essex. (nr Southend on sea).

Back