Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Scottish, Irish, Yorkshire 80 reappears

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
This was sold in Edinburgh recently - one member viewed and rejected it on some minor mechanicals. Well it's not for sale in Huddersfield with EXACTLY the same advert but at a BIN prices of only £4600 as opposed to the original sale price of £6k and change.

Now call me suspicious, but Huddersfield???? Chequered Flag and associates? So, I have made contact and we'll see. But if it was straight and there is a reason then I'd like to go for it. Hey if you step in first - well it's an auction. But I am off today, it's my birthday and I have cash!

We'll see. Not getting giddy I can tell you. It needs some thought and care here. Irish car, North Yorks plate, was Edinburgh now Yorkshire again.

Chris

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-TOYO...8833593?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a2923b9b9

Have cash... hmm so no nice purchase on Saturday then? :icon-biggrin:

Happy Birthday, enjoy the day!

It looks like the BIN price is gone, with the 10 bidders on it.

Gra.

It looks like the BIN price is gone, with the 10 bidders on it.

Gra.

No Gra. The BIN is indicated under he item title. Bit weird but that's what it says. I have mailed here, like it says for a fast response. Still waiting .......:whistle:

Chris

AAhhh yes, see it now.

A little different yes, not the normal BIN procedure.

Looks nice for £4600

Very tempting.

Is it me, or are the 80 series getting cheapen the past 12 months?

Gra.

Not sure on 80's, but the price of 70 and 90's are staying fairly stable, if not climbing a touch (but that might be the cold snaps in the winter shaping that), at the £3-4k mark.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's now off ebay .... Did you get it Chris?

It went off between my post and grantw's then...

Something very hooky here Guys. I mailed here with this:

Hi Sarah, I am looking at the Landcruiser that you have for sale. It's pretty much what I am after and I am sure that you'll have plenty of interest. However, before I commit I wonder if you could perhaps enlighten me a little. I saw this car sell for just over £6k recently in Edinburgh and you have it at a BIN price of £4600.

Someone I know looked that the car and there were a few minor mechanical issues with it, but nothing that would put me off. However, you are using exactly the same advert as the one used previously, which as I am sure you can understand causes me some concern.

I'd be delighted to chat further. I am just South of Sheffield and could be there with cash today if we were both happy.

Here is the response that I just got now.

Hi

First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my vehicle:1997 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER AMAZON 4x4 .This vehicle is in excellent working conditions,NO accidents, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions,ONLY 121,300 miles, is always garaged and rarely used and it has HPI clear.It has full service history.The final price that I want for this vehicle is £4,600(including shipping and handling).My husband died 3 months ago (he had a heart attack) and this vehicle brings me bad memories and that's the reason that I want to sell it. I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and we moved to my sister in Stockholm,Sweden.Unfortunately I can't conclude this transaction personally because my work involves a lot of travelling but I left everything prepared for the sale. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay Motors Shipping Company services so both of us can be protected.
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon!

Thank you and have a great day!

Hmm, really. So your husband was dead 2 months before he bought the car then? That's clever. No mention of why she used the ad. Not sure about the payment terms. I'm sorry but unless someone can explain why not, this just has scam written all over it.

Chris

Yep definitely odd! Sounds like they've copied an old advert to try and scam some one :(

I wonder if some others got cold feet after getting that email, and reported it to eBay... and ebay actually did something about a scam... nah, that wouldn't have happened...

Sounds like a ghost vehicle sale......must be using this particular 80 advert as they think it will generate quite a bit of interest, especially at that price.

Though if they did their homework, they would also know that most potential 80 owners know their stuff and would at least have it checked over and they'd get rumbled. :eusa-naughty:

I can't see the issue Chris, why the suspician? Their response seems honest enough :lol: Happy birthday anyway :occasion-birthday:

I'm with Chris on this one, without the facility to see the owner with vehicle at the place of registration, hand over the money and drive the car away after HPI checked out then I'd be very suspicious indeed, especially when the BIN is less than market value.

Suspicious Andy

Ahhh poor girrl........ guys she's just lost her husband, the car gives her bad memories, yeh alright if only it was that easy to get some body to part with their money

do they really think somebody might fall for that! or mabe some people do

Anyway happy birthday Chris hope you have good one.

Hi Chris,

More scammier than a smellie scammy sock.

Gra.

poor lady :violin: I think you are being horrid. How sad must she be? I think you should send cash via western onion, and wait for delivery.....
Steve

Hi Chris, old one, got the same wording for a Rav4 last year, did you check the ip

Wasn't there a 70 series motor-home that did "the rounds" of sell, sold, re-appear, sell, sold, re-appear,

Gra.

Back