Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Selling my 2000 Landcruiser, but now have a problem when put into 4 wheel drive

jngeorge

Country Flag
united_states
I have a 2000 Toyota Land cruiser, 177000 miles, it did not have any problems, but now that I am trying to sell it, when its put into 4 wheel drive, it feels like a brake is dragging, and when you make a turn, it feels bumpy. Unfortunately, I do not have the money to fix it and do not know what is the problem. Any suggestions on what might be wrong and cost of repair. Not sure if selling for less money or getting repaired would be the better option. I was asking 9,000, and can go down to 6500, but would it sell for that price with a problem?

Help, I am a female and do not work on autos.

Thank you in advance
jngeorge

Hi. When you put into 4wd then the centre diff would engage so on Tarmac it would feel bumpy.
have you had it in 4wd in the past with no issue?

I have a 2000 Toyota Land cruiser, 177000 miles, it did not have any problems, but now that I am trying to sell it, when its put into 4 wheel drive, it feels like a brake is dragging, and when you make a turn, it feels bumpy. Unfortunately, I do not have the money to fix it and do not know what is the problem. Any suggestions on what might be wrong and cost of repair. Not sure if selling for less money or getting repaired would be the better option. I was asking 9,000, and can go down to 6500, but would it sell for that price with a problem?

Help, I am a female and do not work on autos.

Thank you in advance
jngeorge

Hi
Can you explain with a bit more info !

When you say " when its put into 4 wheel drive" Cruisers are always in 4 wheel drive, but I suspect you mean "you put the center diff lock in" in which case you will get
those symptoms on hard ground (Tarmac) but I assume it is ok when you turn off Diff lock ?

This looks like an American-Spec car, which might be different to ours.

Bob.

Some markets had a part time 2wd version of the same models that were only offered with permanent 4wd elsewhere. 70, 80 and 105 series (and possibly some others?).

US LC100 are all full time 4wd.
Sounds like your 4wd system is woeking perfectly. That's what gives you better traction on slippery surfaces. Not to be used on firm ground with good traction.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back