Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Senors on extension of inlet manifold 1HD-FT

Wandering Aengus

I am in the process of installing an Allisport intercooler on my 1995 24v GS.

Everything is going well other than I do not see what to do with all the sensors currently held in place by the extension to the original inlet manifold which is going to be replaced by the new kit. Allisport said it's no problem and just to "remove everything to do with the EGR system." Can someone identify the sensors in the photo attached and tell me what systems they are for so I can decide whether I can be without them or need to relocate them?

Many thanks.

2013-04-25 16.36.39.jpg

I went ahead with the install, i'm going to make brackets for the various items that used to be connected to the inlet manifold extension.

Everything went fine except that when I fired up the engine there was a constant clicking from what I presume are some relays near the turbo - marked here on a photo in their original location before I added the intercooler.

Does anyone know what they are and why they are constantly rapidly clicking?

2013-04-25 16.35.30.jpg

The red arrow in your second pic point to the EGR actuators. They are disconnected from the EGR valves so should not be doing anything. No idea why they may be clicking constantly.

Thank you Rob, very helpful. I've been googling and see what you mean now about the EGR being disconnected already.

I am now trying to see how to disconnect the whole EGR system, vacuum pipes and all, on the other side of the engine to make for a neater result. Julian T seems to have done it here when installing his intercooler on this site (i'm not allowed to post links yet, photos of his install attached here)
pc250008.jpg
pc250007z.jpg

Does anyone have any information or photos on what can be removed and what should be blocked off on the other side of the engine?

Have a look at section EG-38 onwards of RM437E to determine what an 80 without EGR looks like. You probably will need to look through all references to EGR and vacuum lines in that FSM to work it out (search for BACS, boost compensator, SICS etc). You also may find that the glow plug light may stay on when driving, as you will have effectively disconnected the "ECU" from the engine therefore it will not be happy. Seeing as the ECU in the 24v engines only does emissions related stuff it will run fine without it.

You will find FSM metioned above here: http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=16

Back