Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Shame: RH & IR Cradock Ltd

When you say you replaced it Raj, do you mean Craddocks
Yes with them. If I drive there, they ll fix it but not worth driving 2 hrs so asked this MOT garage to fix this.
This garage seemed genuine. They were not sure of which exact model my car was from the list to do wheel alignment so asked me. I don’t know either. They didn’t charge for the time n asked to come later so they can call Toyota n find exact specs

Andy Could be but m 95% sure it’s this one. This left one was leaking grease when I took to Toyota for AHC inspection and remember Cradock mentioning this same thing so asked to replace. The driver side boot was even older with rusty clip but not leaking.
I guess such small adjustments will be needed after any repairs. There was small leak from auto transmission as well.

:) that key ring. It’s unique, it’s hand made. Checked amount in detail now. That sundry item was more expensive than key ring.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry Raj, should have been clearer, I was following up on Andy's post, and I was meaning the c.v. boot.

I remember that something on passenger side. Anyway checked now again. It’s the passenger side one.

Attachments

• 149C30F7-3C3A-43D7-A5FF-FFA4A3F5052D.jpeg
    149C30F7-3C3A-43D7-A5FF-FFA4A3F5052D.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 14
  • C133A386-E212-4D14-A690-6CB847BAD4F6.jpeg
    C133A386-E212-4D14-A690-6CB847BAD4F6.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 14
I don’t believe in shaming, despite having good or bad experiences. Few months later I repeated the same works done by RH at another garage. This time I printed all procedures, specs n gave but same thing, they don’t use oils, procedures we give. I don’t have the budget or energy to repeat at third garage. Instead this makes me think, why are they behaving this way? Am I over obsessed with specifications and doubting them with my half knowledge or are they struggling to live n passing that to me

How do you know what procedures they used Raj?

Mate of mine years ago suspected a garage was charging him for work not done so he tightened the sump plug on his motorbike with a scaffold pole before putting it in for a full service and a few repairs . On collection he casually asked if they had any trouble with the plug and they say no , so he gave them the options either to tear up the bill , or go to the government test centre where he will open it using the same scaffold pole .

Raj the only way you can know its done the way you want is to do it yourself ,and youtube will show you how :thumbup:

This one, I asked them to order 7 litres of 75w85 GL5 oil as it was not there in their stock barrels. Front diff 1.9 lt. rear diff 4.2 lt. The main mechanic ordered it from Toyota. I booked appointment after seeing the oil. Yesterday main mechanic was on holiday so other mechanic did the job. Evening he told it took 10 Lts of this oil to drain and fill and I was charged for 10 lts of 70w80.
Again wrong spec oil. They said sometimes manual states wrong quantities and procedures and car took 10 lts instead of 6.1 lts.
Does our cars need 10 lts of front n rear diff oils?

Landcruiser went to 5 garages in 1 year for different jobs and they all have similar practices and ways of working. things like over charging where possible, selling unnecessary stuff, using available oils from their own barrels instead of specific ones for each car, charging for bit more man hours etc etc Looking at the way small businesses are struggling with taxes, high rents, inflation etc etc I can’t blame any of these garages

I see what you mean Raj. The manual won't be out by 40%!!!!

Maybe he forgot to put the drain plug back in :)

Shane is right, you should consider doing it yourself!

I would like to share my experience with Cradock’s

I visited their workshop to discuss the work required on my Troopy, during this visit it was explained they were very busy and fully booked for a few months ahead but a date was agreed. As the date approached my Troopy was dropped off, and once the job started (on time) Benjy kept in touch via WhatsApp regularly updating me on the progress or discuss any decisions that needed to be made.

Over all I was very happy with Benjy and Cradock’s in general including any reports received. As for the final price, I can't complain considering the time, quality of work, parts and consumables used.

Personally, I would be more than happy to use Cradock’s again for any future work required on my Troopy. Having said that, I have always been happy with the work from Julian / Overland Cruisers did on my old 80 series.

doing it yourself!
Yes that seems to be only option. :) Just got carried away with society spirit :). This garage and owner lives in my locality and is car enthusiast but business and passion are different things

Of all the garages I visited for landcruiser, RH documentation of work is the best one. As good as Toyota dealer.

Is this a joke chaps? I'm still having to fuck about trying to fix the problems RH caused me. The last diff place took over 4 litres of oil out the axle, so overfilled it was past the filler.

Really great that some of you like them, as far as I'm concerned they've done me out of 13k, lied to my face, and the decision to use them continues to waste my time and money.

Recall: I was told that fixing the problems was at their discretion. So good luck if anything goes wrong, or you find out they charged you for something they didn't do. Zero integrity.

Last edited:
@whereisgibson sometimes the threads go a little off piste but the concensus is that garages can be very chalk an cheese. I've only ever used one small garage for my truck however it did take some failures from larger garages and money to get there. Really hope you do resolve your issues and get your truck back to your expectations.

Back