Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

side shaft oil leak

plume

Country Flag
switzerland
Hi guys
first some feed back on diff lockers .
I finaly had an elocker fitted to my rear diff, which i am very happy with, and thankyou all for your
comments.
My problem now is a continuous sideshaft (right side) oil leak.
The inner seal has been changed 2 times ,diff breather is free and clean and still it Leaks.
Any ideas.
Thanks Plume.:weary:

Hi Shayne
Thankyou for your reply, i have already removed the oil seal (once again) , if the new seal leaks
again then i will try the wynns stop leaks.
plume

I'm not sure how why or even if the leak stop cured my problem but i had just put it in my steering and thought sod it the diffs components are a damn sight stronger than anything in the steering rack so what harm can it do . Maybe i just got lucky ?

Oil contains seal conditioner and i would guess synthetic oil is better at conditioning so maybe a good run to heat oil and and a couple of days to let it do it's work might help your new seal to bed in .

All guesswork but it must be bloody frustrating having to change a new seal . Good luck .

Sometimes a seal can be folded in during fitting of the shaft. Sometimes the spring can be dislodged. Also if there is a groove in the shaft caused by an old hardened seal that can cause it to leak.

Back