Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sig query

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
on some of the sigs on here there is a bit of text that reads ... "Member of the banned by simon club. " ...

anyone know ??? ..

Red Oktober said:
on some of the sigs on here there is a bit of text that reads ... "Member of the banned by simon club. " ...

anyone know ??? ..
Simon was/is the Big Bad Dictator :evil: of another forum who banned you if he didn't agree with what you said on the forum, so a few of us got banned :shock:

Cossack said:
Red Oktober said:

anyone know ??? ..
Simon was/is the Big Bad Dictator :evil: of another forum who banned you if he didn't agree with what you said on the forum, so a few of us got banned :shock:

bit pathetic of him then wasn't it ?? :roll: :roll:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Im only joking mate ;)

People are free to do whatever they want on here,within reason :)

Anyway, thats all im saying about the topic. I dont want a telling off :whistle:

All i can say is this forum is great :thumbup:

Careful.........he might be watching

Panic1.png

I guessed you were only joking Karl :thumbup:

was just being nosey ..... you don't learn anything if you ain't nosey :lol:

hmmmm ...think i know which Simon you're on about .....

one of those pics just gave it away :lol:

:think:

Dave, i wouldnt know.....

Its just nice for people to see who are the really evil,bad mambers on this forum who have been so bad on other sites that we have been banned.

Actually banned for trying to help others though.. if that makes any sense :think:

Every time these questions gets asked it turns into a bit of a giggle. Only harmless though :D

After i decided to get a Land Cruiser I joined several forums

Forums are for the users to communicate and to give assistance with answers, links and downloads. The more information they contain the more use they are. Being a web designer I have about 1000 sites i look after and many have forums, without doubt those forums who do not allow thier users do as they wish (within reason), such as post useful links, will drive users away over time.

Users will use a forum to get information from but will be most active in the one they enjoy the most, which is why I use this one. In all forums if you can help in answering a users question then I do help as this makes the forum more useful. Most forums only a very small percentage of members who post regularly, (100 plus posts) and these are the types that need to be attracted by the forum admin.

In Simons case he bans people for the most strange reasons, including by association, however he makes it clear, its his forum and users have no say whatsoever about how he runs it. IMHO i feel thats a backward attitude but its Simons right to have this.

When I first started posting in LC forums I met Karl Webster :thumbup: on this forum and he helped me with some parts, so i helped him with his site. I am doing a long term build of my 75 and put a page on Karls site (With his permission) and when any section of my build is finished i shall also add it to the forums i support so the information is available in searches.

I then added a link to my build in my sig on all the forums and Simon was only one who removed the link. I have no problem with that whatsover as its his forum, however when i asked why, my login was removed for rule breaking :oops: . Try as i could :pray: he would not reinstate me, even after 129 useful posts, after several emails back and forth it became clear it was due to me being associated with others who in fact I have no association with whatsover.

If i put my web designer hat on, banning someone in a forum makes that person even more actively support another forum and several times I have had orders for websites where a person starts up in competition against a site for such a problem. Even though the Internet is huge its a small world when dealing with something like Landcruisers.

Forum banning for serious reasons after warnings, :naughty: I fully agree with, but life is to short to worry about such things.

Posted to explain my sig:

know how you think here on this subject admins on some forums we have been on are to fast to ban people and its very upsetting as they cant see how you feel through your computer :(

if you cant speak your mind or have some fun then its a sad world

Back