Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Skiing

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Not cruiser related, but the family want to go skiing over the Christmas week. It's been 10 plus years since I skied (sp) and even then it was with a group of lads.

So anyone been skiing in Europe over the last few years that can recommend somewhere family friendly and nice but not too expensive? I suppose we could drive as far as the French or Swiss resourts.... otherwise it's flights to where ever...

I have done some online research and clearly it's not going to be cheap :roll:

TonyP said:
Not cruiser related, but the family want to go skiing over the Christmas week. It's been 10 plus years since I skied (sp) and even then it was with a group of lads.

So anyone been skiing in Europe over the last few years that can recommend somewhere family friendly and nice but not too expensive? I suppose we could drive as far as the French or Swiss resourts.... otherwise it's flights to where ever...

I have done some online research and clearly it's not going to be cheap :roll:

We did Morillon in the French Alps a couple of xmases ago, hired a chalet, 10 minute drive from lifts, green and blue runs (red if you want them), reasonably priced, family friendly...

Check out PeakRetreats, thats who we booked with.

Thanks Tommo, will take a look at that

Unless the Pound against the Euro has improved drastically, I want last Christmas and my lord it was expensive! Sorry not very positive, had an awesome time, but due to like for like exchange it meant that the slope snacks were 15 quid for a plate of chips and beer was 6-9 quid a pint. Saying that if its a family holiday it might not be too much of an issue. Are there any non EU countries that you could look into. This year (still lads as the children are still too young) I am thinking of going to Scotland for a few days if it snows like last year, need to be prepared for it extreme cold and no sun. ermmm..

good luck

Bulgaria is looking to be the cheapest over all, but I am not sure that I fancy that. As you say, apart from the accomadation everything else is very expensive too.....

The other way to look at this though is that we all work quite hard, so when we have a chance for some family holiday time, then we should make the most of it.... :violin:

I have always done France apart from Whistler once(that was very cheap once the flights had been paid for) and so I would always be interested in places like Bulgaria. but like you if and when I take my children and it would be their first ski holiday then France probably would have the most for them. Saying that our local garage go three times a year, they drive and rave about Austria and how good it is for family.

Enjoy it. Like you say you work hard so why not, where as I will be boarding on ice in -10 in Scotland and it will probably rain!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nassfeld in Austria, top place, quiet, not a queue anywhere, loads of ski area, nice people & somewhat cheaper than France, fly into Italy with PaddyAir & drive over the border was best for us.

Or a wee place called St Foy is rather nice but I did'nt tell you about it ;)

Back