Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Slight pull to one side (nearside)

lj79-3l

Country Flag
malta
Noticed this over the past few months, it seems to be increasing. I would not so much call it a "pull" as it's very very slight but to keep on the straight I need to take up all the slack in the steering system by keeping the wheel pointing towards the right. If I let go it would go left but only very very gradually. Today I swapped the front tyres over (across) to check whether it was uneven wear causing this - the tyres are wearing oddly but it's probably a tyre thing - however this did not fix anything.

While jacking up the front I checked for play and there is some at both wheels, nothing excessive and it seems to be wheelbearing related (kingpin bearings replaced not long ago). North south play only at first but then I opened up the brake pads and also got east west play, besides the play is between the disc and the backplate.

As previous it's not a lot and with the wheel off the movement at the disc is very small.

But could this be causing the pull? The freeplay is ever so slightly greater on the LHS front.

Welcome to the forum. When you get a chance you might like to pop in an introduction to yourself and your vehicle. It's where we like people to start then we can get around to answering your questions. We especially like pictures.

Sounds like you need a wheel alignment done I would suggest a heavy truck wheel alignment shop to do the repairs.

Back