Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Slow forums

@Chas no harm in trying out the website from your phone as a test. Try it with the WiFi and then with the 4g data. Might help isolate the problem of its the ISP or the antivirus perhaps.
Just to rule it out I tried from my phone but still had problems.

Good idea Chris but this would not be linked to an account. Has no baring. I believe somewhere it was done logged in / not-logged in and still the same on his computer.

Chas - you can drop it now with complaining about the upgrade. It is something specific to your computer / browser / ISP which is incompatible with the site.
The upgrade will not be rolled back and I've turned off everything which might be impacting you. Send me your password and I will log in as you from my laptop. If it works here then it's case closed.

Drop me a line with your details.
Sorry Crispin, if the problems don't go away neither will my complaints, what else can I do? I can't continue with all these problems as they are, if it is as you suggest my PC at fault what can I do to rectify it?
I have messaged you my password.

Another discrepancy is on the message indicator it says I have two messages, but I don't, but the figure 2 won't go away even after clicking on the indicator to see them.

I'm also being told I have 10 messages (conversations) but their are none and I can't get rid of the 10. Apart from that all's good with forum speed etc as long as I sign in first.

As I reported the problems I had were across windows, IOS and android devices using wired, wireless and 4G connections on multiple different networks (BT wired and wireless, EE 4G, Orange Maroc 4G, Maroc Telecom 4G and various hotel and campsite wifi networks). It also didn't matter what browser I used (Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.

For me the problems started when adverts were introduced to the site. Error messages I got on a regular basis were about long running scripts on this site and also problems with the Ads plugin. These problems didn't occur on any other sites including several XenForo based sites.

Tentatively, over the last week things seem to have improved, (but probably too early to be 100% sure yet).

The F.B.I is watching you go kick the black van parked outside saying hey sort this out :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Crispin Testing

Chas, here is a recording of me browsing the site with your account.
I am using Windows 10, Chrome, no plugings or anything "special", no super-safe-internet-whatits

You can see from the speedtest I am having a slow day (It's normally 350Mb/s).
Other than a few pregnant-pauses here and there where it took up-to 2 seconds to load, I would call it lightning fast. Most of the time the page loaded completely in under a second.

I would go with:
  • Your browser
  • A plug-in or something like that
  • Your computer or something on your computer
  • Your internet connection
  • Your brain works so fast that relative to the website, things are very slow :)

I would try:
  • A different browser
  • Disabling norton (tread-carefully here - I don't use AV other than MS Essentials and don't advocate not having an AV)
  • Your browser in Private-mode/Incognito etc to remove the plugin options. (Though they might still run)

C

Tentatively, over the last week things seem to have improved, (but probably too early to be 100% sure yet).
I did actually remove something on Friday as part of the update. That might improve one thing.

I'm also being told I have 10 messages (conversations) but their are none and I can't get rid of the 10
That's happened to everyone. Something weird in the previous upgrade. I have to go in an clear them all down.

Being the author of this thread I have to report that the last couple of days things have improved

Chas, here is a recording of me browsing the site with your account.
I am using Windows 10, Chrome, no plugings or anything "special", no super-safe-internet-whatits

You can see from the speedtest I am having a slow day (It's normally 350Mb/s).
Other than a few pregnant-pauses here and there where it took up-to 2 seconds to load, I would call it lightning fast. Most of the time the page loaded completely in under a second.

I would go with:
  • Your browser
  • A plug-in or something like that
  • Your computer or something on your computer
  • Your internet connection
  • Your brain works so fast that relative to the website, things are very slow :)

I would try:
  • A different browser
  • Disabling norton (tread-carefully here - I don't use AV other than MS Essentials and don't advocate not having an AV)
  • Your browser in Private-mode/Incognito etc to remove the plugin options. (Though they might still run)

C
Well that does look good, I am using Windows 7 but then I was before the upgrade too. will 10 make a difference? How can I disable Norton without deleting it? also I don't know how to view in private mode.

Chas, Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. Jan this year i think it was.
You should upgrade for reasons other than this website. Security patches would be the best one.

What browser are you using? I would use Chrome, Internet Explorer is/has-always been a pile of .......
In Chrome, right-click on the LandCruiserClub logo and click on Open In Incognito mode.

Remember to enable it again.

It's been a while now and nothing has improved. All those not affected saying how good it is, well lucky you, your posts do not help, it has serious problems for some of us.
I have trouble just logging in, when in whatever I click on goes not where I want but to 'Forum list' Why, why, why?
If I want to post anything it can take hours to get where I want. Well maybe hours is an exaggeration, but a very long frustrating time anyway.

Did you try any of the suggestions chas?

The forums were really slow for me too, until June/July on my ipa
Now working fine and i didn’tchange anything

Did you try any of the suggestions chas?
Yes Cris, I tried them all. When clicking on a particular item it usually goes to a completely blank white page or 'Forum List'

Last edited:
Back