Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Smokey landcrusier

Ironman

Country Flag
ireland
Hi ya guys
I am totally fed up with this problem. Since xmas, every time i have started her, she has produced a plume of white smoke. This can be from cold or in the middle of the day. It is particularly worse if she is parked at an angle downhill. Anyway, 1st rev and then i get another ploom. I take off up the road and i get a plume of blue smoke. As she heats up to normal, all smoke disappears. I have taken her to toyota twice. and they say everything is ok. They ran the diagnostic and she is 100%. they blame the diesel. I have put some stuff through her to clean the injectors. still no change. Tonight i took out the dipstick to see of the diesel is leaking from the injectors and mixing with the oil. The oil wont drip off the stick so no diesel mixed. Why the two different colours?

Anybody any suggestions.???

I have a third check up booked in next week 120 miles from the first toyota garage.

Could it be condensation forming in your intercooler which gives you a cloud of steam on start up followed by a touch of over fuelling because the ecu reads your running lean due to the water in your fuel/air mix .

Back