Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snorkel

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Well, first mod just ordered! A snorkel. Bit scared of fitting it though........I will have to be VERY careful with my drill!:shock:
Next on the list is a roof rack, suspension lift (small), MT tyres, roof tent, etc etc.......
wish me luck ;)

Steve

And so the slippry slide begins :icon-cool:

What make of snorkel did you order and who off??
I'm thinking of one, I think west coast quoted about £330ish off the top of my head.

Safari Snorkel knock-off...should do fine.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Let us know what is like when it lands, and then what it's like to fit...
One of these where on my list to fit

I got one from alien snorkels a while back, After having a quick nosey at Stevens Safari one at lincomb, they look pretty much identical. Its had a few bumps and knocks against trees and its still in great condition.

good to hear. I hope it looks good when fitted
steve

eeeeeekkkk!#
thats what I am sooo worried about!
steve

Yeah, I baulked at that one too, got my dad to do it for me. More than capable of getting it right, but for some reason couldn't bring myself to drill into a perfectly good wing :?

Long term plans (2-3 yrs) include Overlanding, so decided to start to do things now. Will be buying a roof rack when spare cash appears! Then tent, etc etc
Steve

Snorkel arrived this morning and it looks like a well built bit of kit, however, there are no fitting instructions in it so I have asked Direct 4x4 to send me a copy or email a copy but not heard back yet.
Will post photo's of fitting if I get the destructions!
Steve

I would imagine the instructions are similar to those for the Safari. I can scan a copy of those but the template was sacrificed during fitting

That would be great as they have replied and point me to the fitting Instructions on the web site which are: "Using the template provided, mark up where the snorkel will fit then drill into the bodywork where the intake will fit. Attach the hose and hat and fix the bracket to the car."
Which is great, no drill sizes, hole sizes or anything else! I am no thicky, but a little advice would be nice
:?
The template is there, just no instructions.....
Ta everso
Steve

Back