Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Solid 98 80 series Amazon for sale.

Hi yes the chassis is still good but one front wing has a hole and its rotten behind rear bumper it could weld up I will pop it in for mot in Jan and see what is what.
Was going to bid on the above truck last night but I got my heart set on a black one so I am just waiting to see if one pops up for sale.
Yes the 4.2 is a great sounding engine.
Scottish salt has a lot to answer too.

Hi yes the chassis is still good but one front wing has a hole and its rotten behind rear bumper it could weld up I will pop it in for mot in Jan and see what is what.
Was going to bid on the above truck last night but I got my heart set on a black one so I am just waiting to see if one pops up for sale.
Yes the 4.2 is a great sounding engine.
Scottish salt has a lot to answer too. ��

Good luck with your search for that elusive black 24v 80. im after any one in any color and spec, so long as its solid! (and obviously 24v manual).

TBH the salt wouldnt be so damaging if people remembered to thoroughly was the underside weekly during the winter. i do that with my vw t5.

my own truck: body channels behind the rear bumper rotten, rear inner arches rotten, rear outer sills rotten, front inners rotten,etc etc, and various joints and brake pipes. :(

Good luck with your search for that elusive black 24v 80. im after any one in any color and spec, so long as its solid! (and obviously 24v manual).

TBH the salt wouldnt be so damaging if people remembered to thoroughly was the underside weekly during the winter. i do that with my vw t5.

my own truck: body channels behind the rear bumper rotten, rear inner arches rotten, rear outer sills rotten, front inners rotten,etc etc, and various joints and brake pipes. :(

why didn't you bid on this one? From what andy said it was a good example. To be honest anyone looking for a 24v late truck who didnt bid on this for that money, well.....

if I had the spare money.....

Aye your prob right Karl !!
Seriously Peter. The way I see it now. A good solid truck at 5.5k.Say you spend 2k on a paint job because personally I'd rarther not have that colour either. Then stands you at 7.5k sell the wheels and put standard on it prob make you £250 by doing that. truck then stands you at 7250k. Keep the truck 10 years and my guess is it will be worth more than what it stands you at now.

Come on Andy,did you buy it?

Last edited:
Seriously Peter. They way I see it now. A good solid truck at 5.5k say you spend 2k on a paint job because personally I'd rarther not have Tha colour.stands you at 7.5k sell the wheels and put standard on it prob make you £250. Keep the truck 10 years and my guess is it will be worth more than wha it stands you at now.

BLoomin IPad and predictive text gggrrrrrrr :oops:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
why didn't you bid on this one? From what andy said it was a good example. To be honest anyone looking for a 24v late truck who didnt bid on this for that money, well.....

if I had the spare money.....
yeah, i was in two minds but eventually held off. ive got in contact with someone in Wick whos thinking of sellin theirs, so im going to view that. 1997 vx on a farm!

If it had been for me Karl, I'd have had a go at it at the first offering cos it was solid. Anyone looking for their 1st 80 could have done a lot worse. Personally I wouldn't have done him a straight swap for my GX as its how I want it. Still I'm as happy as a cat which won the local dairy in the Cat Lottery with my 24V auto Import, drives like a dream.
Although I may be on my own on this one the best Cruiser that's been for sale in recent times was this:-
https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/to...-24-valve-4x4-green-one-of-a-kind-/1146478450

Lots going for it, not much against including the price. If I was looking for my 1st 80 this would be the one I would buy ( especially if I knew what I know now)

Hi Peter,
Are you still looking for an 80 series ? Am going to put mine on e-bay shortly - maroon not black but can send you the specs if you are interested.

James

Hi James a long story but ended up buying the mad max cruiser a big thanks to Andy as everything he said was true been running around a 1000 miles per week at lambing and truck hasn't missed a beat and the bar has come in handy for bumping open gates.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
Hi James a long story but ended up buying the mad max cruiser a big thanks to Andy as everything he said was true been running around a 1000 miles per week at lambing and truck hasn't missed a beat and the bar has come in handy for bumping open gates.

Funny, I was only thinking about that truck yesterday and where it had ended up :icon-biggrin: . I'm glad you are satisfied with it and my advice and observations stand up to scrutiny.
Did you get it with all the kit? What happened to the wheels?

Andy

Hi Andy
sold the 5 wheels on gumtree for a £1000 and still got rear spare wheel carrier put on my steels and a set of mud flaps all round and it's been going like a train everyday
Personally think it looks better with a bit of highland mud on it.
Kettles on if your ever passing up this way.
Cheers Pete.

Well done Pete, it was never a bad truck and I'd known Andy for a while.
Thanks for the invite, your neck of the woods is not somewhere I frequent often but if I'm within 50 miles I'll give you a PM/ring :thumbup:

Back