Some of the best travel reports ever?

24Seven

I passed this onto Rob on his return from Mongolia, but thought as it's a rubbish day in the UK others might be interested in a read, I'm really thinking of heading to Tajikistan, (and the other Stans) just trying to work out how many days it would take each way to get there and back? 7 days long days of driving each way maybe?

Here are some of the best photos and interesting tales I have read. It does take some time to go through it all but well worth it IMO, this is the order of the story by the same guy. :mrgreen:

Sibirsky Extreme on Adv Rider

Central Asia - Pure Photos (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan)

Tuva / Uriankhai - pure photos

Road of Bones and the Kolyma Track - Pure Photos

The BAM Road - ultimate test of man and machine

The bike thread: RTW X-Challenge Adventurization

then

Siberian Extreme 2010 - Back for More (this is still being updated)

Bat21

Supporter
A friend of mine is currently on a 2 wheeled RWT with his wife, he is keeping a log of his travels on UKGSer.

Click the links on this page to read of his progress and to see some stunning photography.

ignat

This report is not yet fully complete. It is currently being updated but already I am fascinated. :shock:
watchdrama8jm.gif

A couple document their trip through DRC from Lubumbashi to Kinshasa in their HZJ75.

Its on LCCSA, not sure if you have to be a member to read, but worth joining anyway..

Attachments

• watchdrama8jm.gif
    watchdrama8jm.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 51

scubadec

ignat said:
This report is not yet fully complete. It is currently being updated but already I am fascinated. :shock:
watchdrama8jm.gif

A couple document their trip through DRC from Lubumbashi to Kinshasa in their HZJ75.

Its on LCCSA, not sure if you have to be a member to read, but worth joining anyway..
Yes you need to be a member, So i registered!

Attachments

• watchdrama8jm.gif
    watchdrama8jm.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 47

Andrew Prince

ignat said:
watchdrama8jm.gif

I'd reiterate this TR as a must-read!!! Some of the challenges are epic! I think the Congo must be Ian's spiritual home with all the mud! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• watchdrama8jm.gif
    watchdrama8jm.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 46