Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Some of the best travel reports ever?

24Seven

I passed this onto Rob on his return from Mongolia, but thought as it's a rubbish day in the UK others might be interested in a read, I'm really thinking of heading to Tajikistan, (and the other Stans) just trying to work out how many days it would take each way to get there and back? 7 days long days of driving each way maybe?

Here are some of the best photos and interesting tales I have read. It does take some time to go through it all but well worth it IMO, this is the order of the story by the same guy. :mrgreen:

Sibirsky Extreme on Adv Rider

Central Asia - Pure Photos (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan)

Tuva / Uriankhai - pure photos

Road of Bones and the Kolyma Track - Pure Photos

The BAM Road - ultimate test of man and machine

The bike thread: RTW X-Challenge Adventurization

then

Siberian Extreme 2010 - Back for More (this is still being updated)

I would like to add one more trip report, it may not be in the best format but they were kidnapped in Democratic Republic of the Congo and travelled on the Road of Bones in temperatures as low as -20 deg c on bikes!

http://donkeyandthemule.com.au/Travel-Log.html

A friend of mine is currently on a 2 wheeled RWT with his wife, he is keeping a log of his travels on UKGSer.

Click the links on this page to read of his progress and to see some stunning photography.

This report is not yet fully complete. It is currently being updated but already I am fascinated. :shock:
watchdrama8jm.gif

A couple document their trip through DRC from Lubumbashi to Kinshasa in their HZJ75.

Its on LCCSA, not sure if you have to be a member to read, but worth joining anyway..

Attachments

• watchdrama8jm.gif
    watchdrama8jm.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 63
Been following that one too, Kevin :thumbup: Frederik sounds like a very intrepid traveller! DRC sounds more than wild :violence-axechase:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ignat said:
This report is not yet fully complete. It is currently being updated but already I am fascinated. :shock:
watchdrama8jm.gif

A couple document their trip through DRC from Lubumbashi to Kinshasa in their HZJ75.

Its on LCCSA, not sure if you have to be a member to read, but worth joining anyway..
Yes you need to be a member, So i registered!

Attachments

• watchdrama8jm.gif
    watchdrama8jm.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 59
ignat said:
watchdrama8jm.gif

I'd reiterate this TR as a must-read!!! Some of the challenges are epic! I think the Congo must be Ian's spiritual home with all the mud! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• watchdrama8jm.gif
    watchdrama8jm.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 57
Back