Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spare wheel winch

pberrey

Country Flag
uk
Does anyone have a spare rod thing to operate the hoist mechanism that they are prepared to part with. I didn't get one when I purchased my 80 from the previous owner.

I'm based in the Warwickshire area but could travel/cover p&p costs.

Rgds

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't find one you could probably make one up for next to nothing.

Pretty sure Karl will have and he's only over the border from you really. I have one somewhere and one I made up. Like I say, somewhere.

Probably got mine kicking around in the toolbox; took the wheel hoist off ages ago!!! Will look later Paul

Thanks for the replies gents. I could make one but I've never seen one. I think it would be simpler to donate cash/beer if someone has one which is surplus to requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be warned though, they are crap. They're pretty much disposable. They slot together in sections and nip up with a little screw. After a couple of uses when they fall apart and twist ...

They double up as the jack winder too.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Be warned though, they are crap. They're pretty much disposable. They slot together in sections and nip up with a little screw. After a couple of uses when they fall apart and twist ...

They double up as the jack winder too.

Despite me not having the spare winch on the truck anymore, that's one of the reasons why Paul can't have mine.

I like my old screw-jack, it's much handier than the hi-lift especially if you just want to change a wheel over.

My winding handle has also disintegrated, well the female screw threads have long since worn out and the bolts have gone walkabouts. But it still does the job, just needs a bit of a technique to hold it all together while using it :lol:

I could photo it I suppose, and measure the loop end, that's all that's anything like critical to its operation, if that would be any help Paul.

Otherwise, good luck with your search :icon-biggrin:

I'll try to remember this side of the weekend Paul. :thumbup:

Back