Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

speaker size ? and upgrde

roy

Country Flag
scotland
hi

what size of speakers are fitted to our trucks ?

anyone upgraded their speakers and got some suggestions for replacements ?

cheers roy

hi

what size of speakers are fitted to our trucks ?

anyone upgraded their speakers and got some suggestions for replacements ?

cheers roy
I've just fitted a new Panasonic double din stereo and a 300w subwoofer, sounds are great with the original speakers but even without the volume up the subwoofer makes anything loose rattle. :angry-screaming:

I've just fitted a new Panasonic double din stereo and a 300w subwoofer, sounds are great with the original speakers but even without the volume up the subwoofer makes anything loose rattle. :angry-screaming:

Sounds like the gain on your amp may be set too high Chas.

I have just fit a new system in the cruiser with a 300w sub and sounds awesome. Just nice soul warming base, but not over powering and definitely no rattling.

Sounds like the gain on your amp may be set too high Chas.

I have just fit a new system in the cruiser with a 300w sub and sounds awesome. Just nice soul warming base, but not over powering and definitely no rattling.
I've tried altering the bass settings and the best I can get is setting it for vocal optimum.

The gain setting is on the amp, not the head unit. You can adjust it with a flat head screwdriver. It basically sets how much the amp multiplies the head unit input by. Yours by the sounds of things is set too high hence the sub is vibrating too much (too loud) at normal volume.

u8a6e9e5.jpg

You should see something like this on your amp, next to the RCA inputs.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It would also be worth checking the Bass boost settings. Play with your setting on the amp until you get the type of sound you are after. There are also loads of videos on you tube explaining how to set amp gain.

Hi Roy. I have fitted Vibe Slick matrix speakers to my Colorado. They are component speakers with separate tweeters and bass units. In the front I have fitted the bass units in the doors replacing the stock speakers. The tweeters I have stuck to the top of the dashboard at the bottom of the A pillars using the double sided tape that is used for number plates, etc. The speakers come with different ways of fitting the tweeters, surface mount or flush with adaptor cups to suit. I have fitted another pair in the back doors with the tweeters above the back door where the plastic trim meets the roof lining. Sounds really good with enough bass for me not to switch on my under seat woofer unless I really want to dislodge a bit of earwax!!! I got the speakers from Halfords as an upgrade kit all in one box. They also do similar sets from Fli and Edge. Take your pick. I bought vibe as My nephew and I fitted them into his Calibra a while back and they sound great so went with what I know. These are the ones I have £59.99

Halfords site look for Vibe Slick 6 Component speakers
HTH Steve

Last edited:
The gain setting is on the amp, not the head unit. You can adjust it with a flat head screwdriver. It basically sets how much the amp multiplies the head unit input by. Yours by the sounds of things is set too high hence the sub is vibrating too much (too loud) at normal volume.

Thanks Ryan I'll give that a try, first I've got to remove the front passenger seat to get at the woofer.

Back