Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Speedo stopped!

Steveindar

Country Flag
tanzania
Hi All,

So what goes wrong with the speedo? Just after I brought Bertha home I noticed the speedo would take a few hundred meters to 'wake up'! now it's stopped completely! Where to check??
Another issue is the lamp lighting up the D on the dash doesn't work, all the rest do. During a strip of the dash to install a new radio I checked if it was a simple lamp change, apparently not! How to fix??:?

Thanks

Hi Steve, mine has been doing the intermittent speedo thing for a while now. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it's the sender unit on the side of the transfer box. Being an import mine also has a little reduction gearbox added between box and sender. I'm interested to know if anyone here has the part number for the little sender and if there is one for MPH as opposed to KPH which is why I have the gearbox.

I've never had a light on my 'D' but TBH it hasn't worried me apart from thinking 'it would be nice to get it working'.

I'm sure someone will come on here and have the answers as this is two areas I need to address.

Hi Steve, mine has been doing the intermittent speedo thing for a while now. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it's the sender unit on the side of the transfer box. Being an import mine also has a little reduction gearbox added between box and sender. I'm interested to know if anyone here has the part number for the little sender and if there is one for MPH as opposed to KPH which is why I have the gearbox.

I've never had a light on my 'D' but TBH it hasn't worried me apart from thinking 'it would be nice to get it working'.

I'm sure someone will come on here and have the answers as this is two areas I need to address.

Hi StarCruiser, funny it should be a common fault. Where you based?

Bognor Regis UK.

Mine usually plays up when it gets cold and gets itself together after a few miles and is then fine after that.

My speedo stopped, :angry-screaming: New sender, :icon-cool: problem gone. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you look at the trip meter you often find that if it is the sender then the trip stops as well, if the trip is going and the speedo needle not then it could be the speedo head....but the sender is a known issue, remember to get a new 'O' ring for fitting, 1 banana job mate.

regards

Dave

Amayama are quoting £75.70 with delivery from UAE plus £1 for seal and pin each. In the basket for my second Amayama order in as many weeks.

Last edited:
Back