Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Springs hitting bump stop

Fronts are sometimes handed. When I asked I was told to take account of the driver. Probably doesn’t make a heap of difference.

The springs both turn the same way so the perches aren’t handed, though one end turn cutout is to the front and one is to the rear (at least that’s how they are on the rears).

They are definitely handed. When new they come labeled rather unhelpfully A and B.
It's for road camber. In oz particularly, where apparently they can have quite a severe camber.

I fitted two new stock springs about a year back, local shop got them for me as I only found out I had a broken one a day before I was off on a trip. They were identical numbers so I just dropped them in on the quick. I have heard all sorts of reasons, including driver load, fuel tank position and as mention the road camber so.....?

Once fitted against the end of spring stop they should not rotate in any direction.

regards

Dave

Stu- did you get to the bottom of this? I’ve noticed mine doing this on high speed bumps. I have the iron man pro springs though. I do have castor correction bushes but only a 2” lift which could be a cause for me.

Grant yes all sorted but no idea why the springs have rotated. On mine the anti roll bar should stop the axle dropping to much and allowing the spring enough drop to allow the spring fee play to rotate.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back