Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

standard features on a 1995

AmyRoberts

I have a 1995 Landcruiser I purchased 10 years ago. Went to install another stereo system and there was, what looked like, some kind of a keyless entry security system or alarm system. There is no original paperwork and nothing in the owners manual that says wheather it had a factory system or if it was an optional feature. Anyone have any helpful tips or suggestions as to where I can find some information on what this system could have been?
:)

I'm not sure there was such a thing as a factory alarm system on 80s - it appears that they had the alarm systems fitted in the final market. So no reference in manuals and no standard system either. I think the TVSS system was as close to standard as they came with but it seems many have different aftermarket systems fitted.
Sorry that's not much help - probably best to rip it out and bin it if you have a functioning alarm/immobiliser system in place.

The last 'OE' alarm to be fitted to the 80 series was the TVSS 3B and and was fitted by Totota UK, not by the factory. My '98 LC ('97 build) has one fitted, not sure if this was the first year they were used or not. IRC there was an earlier system, the RS3000 used on some previous models. The name/version will be on the alarm ECU. The TVSS 3B seems a pretty reliable, albeit basic system. The Immobiliser on my LC is a stand alone system which uses a transponder in the key and is in no way linked to the alarm. I bought 2 new fobs for the alarm back in 2006, not sure if they're still available.

Have you got a picture of the offending item or a more detailed description of where it is and its appearance?

I have got two pictures that I would like to share, but I am not good at navigating this page. I am a rookie! If someone could help me that would be great! I went to the control panel, but with no success. I forgot to share that my husband also just installed a supercharger and it is so cool. Increased the horsepower and actually made the gas mileage a little bit better believe it or not. Very cool.

Hi Amy,
You need to upload the pics onto a "photo-sharing" site such as photobucket. Once the pics are uploaded, copy the link for the pic, press the "img" button on your post on this site and paste the link into the {img}{/img} part.
Cheers,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
DSCF0275.jpg
DSCF0276.jpg

Thanks for your help! Easy. I'm just a newbie. Here they are. Anyone..........

{Admin - fixed your link! }

I could be wrong but didn't toyota uk fit scorpion system's re-branded as toyota to their cars in early 90s. (I used to have a celica that put all the windows up and closed the sunroof when you locked the doors and it was a scorpion system). I would imagine that if its aftermarket then there would be some extra wires around the ignition... possibly leading to a control box. If you know someone with a wire tracer/buzzer you should be able to find the rest of the sytem in a matter of minutes. However if you do find it it should have a code on the control box that will enable you to get a new key fob programmed but might be easier just to get a new system with certificate.

The 1st pic looks familiar and also looks OEM, the wiring on the rest doesn't look very OEM, perhaps the previous owner just wired up a flashing light but you have a lot more stuff there than a flashing light really needs. Is the car running ok with that little lot removed? You haven't said what country you're in which might affect what's likely to have been market specific dealer fitted extras.

Got it figured all out. One part was and OEM installed and the other part was installed by previous owner, not sure what it did other than flash the lights and honk the horn. The OEM was an optional "keyless" system. No one ever opted to use it. Put a new bulldog system in and it works great. Kept the OEM face plate there to act as a dash filler. Thanks for everyone's input. Supercharger is awesome!

Back