Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Starting issue

C11ONX

Hi
I drove the truck about 1/2 a mile today to collect my son from school. I was parked up for about 15 mins. When I tried to start her up there was nothing, I tried to start her for about 5-10 mins with the same ... Nothing then she fired up. It has happened 1 before but only took a couple of turns. Anyone got any ideas

Hi ... which engine do you have? Petrol or Diesel?

Doh ... possibly not good news. Worse case is it's burnt valves.

I'm not sure what else it could be but hopefully someone who knows more about these than I do.

In the meantime if you can tell us more about the history, how long you've had it. Did you fit the LPG system, does it have flash lube etc it will help the next person along.

It has been diagnosed as a faulty inertia switch on te gear box. Mr t wants £235 +vat for the pleasure. But am having it checked tonight. It may just be dirty. It wouldn't start in P but it starts in N.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ahh ... sorry when I read the original post I didn't realise when you said nothing ... it was literally nothing. No cranking etc.

Much better news than what I was thinking above.

Had it checked and just needed the linkage adjusting. Will see in the am. Will keep updated

Started up first time. Maybe it wasn't pushing the linkage back far enough to engage the inertia switch

Started up first time. Maybe it wasn't pushing the linkage back far enough to engage the inertia switch

Makes sense ... and I have heard of this before.

I'm glad it was a simple fix for you.

Back