Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stock Suspension alternatives.

Mark01

Country Flag
england
Hi All,
I have looked through the forum and old posts on suspension for an 80. I am all jemmed up on what suspension to get if you are going to lift the truck no problem :icon-cool:.
What i am after is can anyone guide me in replacing the suspension for new but with out lifting.
Ie: are the uprated springs from milners or roughtrax any good or too steer clear, Is the Pedders stuff any good? and is any shock good for the job or just go for toyota ones and be done.:think:

I do quite like the idea of slightly uprated springs on the rear to help with towing.
Any advise would be great.

Cheers, Mark

Last edited:
A mate got two front springs off Milners about a year ago, he is not to impressed. He reckons that they are to stiff and makes the ride a bit harsh.
I have a saggy front and I'm going to put 35mm coil spacers in.

Thanks for the tip nlbyrne, I will look into the spacer option. Interesting info on the Milner springs too. This is what I am half worried about sticking anything on an wrecking the ride quality.
Michael, I have just ordered some new tyres to go on some freshly powder coated wheels I bought off Karl last summer, so I will give you a call in a couple of weeks time when I havesaved a few quid.
Cheers, Mark

HI Mark. Im looking at wanting to keep my standard black 80 as it is but changing the springs. Jon W has gone for the milner rears uprated i think. Ive heard poor stuff regarding the springs BUT. Jon has aloso added airbags to the rear. Im going to go down the same path due to the weight i tow. As for the fronts not sure what way to go yet.

Hi Karl, I haveseen the pic's on the last Lincomb of your black truck:icon-cool:.
The air bags would be a good way to go, I probably don't tow anything as much as you I am only normally moving the wife's horses about or taking some cows to market. I am after some suspension that just feels nice. It doesn't feel bad now it just feels like you could tighten it up abit and it sits down a bit with the cattle trailer on. Let me know if you find a good combination for the front of yours as well.
Cheers,Mark

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I got the Milners because they were second hand and cheap so worth a go. They are only a bit better than standard but combined with the air bags they have worked well enough. If I add any more weight then I'll have to think about either something like the pedders or just take the standard ones to the local spring makers and get some made which worked well for Ray's 80.

Old Man Emu is good quality stuff, but, we find that they have a different damping philosophy to ourselves.

We offer a range of shocks including our Foam Cell on a lot of vehicles, which make for an ideal shock absorber on a big 4x4.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uKjltW4e6X8)

Our shocks are, of at least equal quality, and in most cases are better value than OME too. One of our strengths, however, is that we offer a full range of suspension products in addition to the usual springs and shocks.

Regards

Michael @ Pedders

I forgot to add, everything from Pedders has a 2 year warantee. If you are in any way unhappy with the product, just take it off, put it back in the original box and send it back.

Regards

Michael @ Pedders

Back