Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stove options

If I wasn't aiming for fewer fuel options, the Coleman dual is definitely the way to go. And everyone seems to have one, so spares are easy.

Of course, there is a Coleman, just like the petrol one that works off gas.

My previous stove before the dual fuel was a Coleman Gladiator propane twin burner, worked well on blowtorch 400g propane refills (about a tenner a go). It was ok, but the dual fuel is a more durable thing.

Last edited:
So decided to get two stoves, gas for local travel weekend meets etc and a dual fuel for longer trips. Need to design my kitchen to take the largest and we should be all good to go.

Stove 1 arrived today. Fired up OK using unleaded, but has a little popping? Referred to youtube and don't think I have done anything wrong, any ideas?

Attachments

• 20211223_150700.mp4
    8.2 MB
A bit late to the party here but another vote for the Coleman dual fuel 2 burner stove. Maybe not quite as quick to light as just turning a knob on a canister powered stove but they have no problem with low temperatures and has Chris has pointed out, are 100% reliable with basic maintenance and correct lighting procedures. :thumbup:

Good clean flame, I'd suggest just giving it another 10 pumps

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Due to our outstanding climate here in the colonies, we tend to do most of our cooking over the campfire.
However, on the rare occasion we do have the need for a gas cooker.

Then I use this - it generates a serious amount of heat, and the propane bottle needs to removed to fold it away, but it is extremely compact and highly heat efficient. It was definitely a good buy (Amazon USA)
41n7L0kyI+L._AA200.jpg

Back