Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stud size.

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi All,
A quick question.
What size is the wheel studs on an 80 series (mine is a 1993)? I know the PCD is 6x139.7. But I cannot remember the stud size.

The reason I am asking is there is someone selling beam axles on ebay that will make them to any size and stud pattern. So I can run my Sankey on Toyota wheels ;).

Paul

Never mind, as I think it is 12x1.5mm.

Got the info from Grahams wheel spacer ad!!

Paul_Humphreys said:
Hi All,
A quick question.
What size is the wheel studs on an 80 series (mine is a 1993)? I know the PCD is 6x139.7. But I cannot remember the stud size.

The reason I am asking is there is someone selling beam axles on ebay that will make them to any size and stud pattern. So I can run my Sankey on Toyota wheels ;).

Paul

They may need info on the splined part of the stud as that is the bit that there holes will need reaming too.

Roger

Roger Fairclough said:
[quote="Paul_Humphreys":apw57me3]Hi All,
A quick question.

Paul

They may need info on the splined part of the stud as that is the bit that there holes will need reaming too.

Roger[/quote:apw57me3]

Not needed Roger, it is for a place to make an axle for a trailer. Just need the stud length now. As I am not home till the weekend. I also need the axle width. But I can get that the weekend.

I think I have found a place that can make replacement axles to fit a Sankey trailer that will take toyota wheels :)

Paul_Humphreys said:
[quote="Roger Fairclough":3sn4xoxw]

Roger

Not needed Roger, it is for a place to make an axle for a trailer.[/quote:3sn4xoxw]
You sure about that Paul? The holes in the axle flanges need to be reamed to an exact size for the wheel studs to be pressed into, that's what Roger is referring to :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bat21 said:
Paul_Humphreys said:
[quote="Roger Fairclough":2php9lxb]

Roger

Not needed Roger, it is for a place to make an axle for a trailer.
You sure about that Paul? The holes in the axle flanges need to be reamed to an exact size for the wheel studs to be pressed into, that's what Roger is referring to :thumbup:[/quote:2php9lxb]

I am sure, as he will be building it all, so I will just have to bolt it on. I do not need to supply any parts, so I do not need to know how how he is going to do it. As long as it fits when it comes ;)

Paul_Humphreys said:
I am sure, as he will be building it all, so I will just have to bolt it on. I do not need to supply any parts, so I do not need to know how how he is going to do it. As long as it fits when it comes ;)
Okay.... so that now begs the question, why did you need to know the stud size in the first place? Surely the 6 hole PCD would have been enough :think:

By the sound of it, the axle builder just needed the info so that he could match the stud dia. to the holes in the wheels, and match the thread to suitable Toyota wheel nuts.

Roger

Roger Fairclough said:
By the sound of it, the axle builder just needed the info so that he could match the stud dia. to the holes in the wheels, and match the thread to suitable Toyota wheel nuts.

Roger

I think thats it Roger. He did not ask for the size, I just sent it to be sure I can use standard Toyota wheel nuts on the alloys it will be fitted with.

Back