Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Suction Control Valve Removal

At the first point of reassembly of the dash pod and connection of the batteries on opening the door the red key immobiliser emblem is visable flashing on the dash and the engine will start straight up. But when it doesn't start the red key emblem isn't illuminated but the engine will fire then turn over quickly with good voltage from the battery. No engine light except when in xmas mode lol!

I did the obd pin 4 across to pin 13 last night to no success. There's no previous ecu swapping to my knowledge but yo never know, it has 2 previous owners.

I know a young(ish) lad who is known to "know all about it" and to ask him to take a look.

But as the scv symptoms are the same or similar as this problem I thought to eliminate this first.

On that immobiliser light....

Normally if you unlock and open the door, you'd see the immobiliser light flashing before you put the ignition key in.

Are you saying for the instances when its buggered, that light never flashes, even before you put the key in? If thats the case whats the battery voltage?

I connected the 4 and 13 with a paper clip then turned on the ignition and left it on for 35 minutes, there was a fella on youtube who synced a replacement ecu and the black immo box and He managed to sync the old existing key to start the motor... He said that it works on the older 2001 onwards Toyota and Lexus vehicles but the example He did was on a 2012 Lexus.

Yep the immo light flashes before you put the key in, but when it doesn't flash you know the motor wount start up.

The drivers battery reads 12.56v and the passenger 12.58v with them disconnected at the moment...

Thanks for that. So did you get all the flashing lights etc when you tried to sync?

Just to make sure I understand - sometimes you're saying the immo light doesn't flash before you put the key in. When that happens, you know you've got no chance of starting it?

I think that light is meant to continually flash even when the door is closed and the car is locked.....

I assume yours doesn't?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is right if the immo light isn't flashing then the engine fires then just turns over rapidly, which begs the question..

Whats the normal activity of this light? Should it be constantly illuminated when the immo is activated?

Because I've never had the truck without this issue, its a bit difficult to know the normal activity of this part of the instrument panel...

I did drive the truck for 12 miles or so but as the air suspension doesn't work and it's sat on it's bump stops all round just went slow so also don't know whether it was driving in limp mode..

Will find out when I've completed the rear coil swap to see how it performs, have completed the front suspension swap today... which has raised the front by 70mm looks a lot better for it too!

Really appreciate your help man..

Normal activity - even when the car is locked that light should flash every second or so. If that's not happening it sounds like there might be a problem with the immobiliser ecu or the wiring to it, especially as your battery voltage sounds ok!

Not sure which of these applies to yours because your model is right on the boundry, but the right hand side diagram shows the immobiliser. I thinks marked as 'Transponder Key Computer' on the diagram. I think its on the passenger side up above the glove box area - the engine ECU as you may already know is on the same side, but underneath the glove box.

I think that IND pin (pin 3) on the immobiliser is for that light on the dashboard?

Might be worth at least giving it a visual check to make sure you havent got water damage or corrosion on the connector, then maybe at least check the ground connections and the connectivity to the engine ECU - just seems to be two wires....

If you search ebay for part number 89780-60340 you can see what the thing looks like..

Attachments

• 3394 1KD-FTV ( 2002.9 - 2004.7 ).pdf
    82 KB · Views: 29
  • 3395 1KD-FTV ( 2004.8 - ).pdf
    89.9 KB · Views: 46
Back