Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sunroof going, going, gone.

Bund

Country Flag
great_britain
Its been forever and imagine I might get it back end of next week or not!

It looks a mess now but sorting the roof properly hasn’t been easy apparently. Once the roof is primed I understand he’s going to start on the rest. To be fair the body is very good on this compared to others but paints faded in areas and a bit of trouble under a plastic arch so I’ve asked him to go over it and what needs addressing is to be done. It shouldn’t end as a full respray though. I’m not sure it’s going to that Safe if you rolled it.

Then I’ll get a trimmer in to put a new headlining.

Should be all good for winter. Ha

20BE5836-EC30-406A-A063-B7F85B40E2F1.jpeg 268782B6-0857-4EBD-BC0B-0ABFB88908BE.jpeg C065F523-11B9-43E8-BBA3-85596EEC934B.jpeg 9C1F366A-8F71-4160-9C9A-756A6833DED7.jpeg 0E7D98D9-EEB7-4C53-AE9B-1DBD68E08435.jpeg 7774ABA2-F40D-410D-ADCD-274D300E32A1.jpeg

Great job there Bund. It looks like the inner sunroof frame is still there as the headlining is still in so it's still got all the factory strength. It's the inner sunroof frame that gives the roof the strength so no worries at all.

My heart lays with these old 70's and yours looks to be a very good one. Just keep on top of the corrosion and it will do you proud! I'm looking forward in seeing it being used!:thumbup:

Thanks yeah I hope to make it as good as it can be.

They took the whole sunroof out to see if it could be restored but wasn’t salvageable. Then the trimmer explained it needed to go back(less the corroded panel) as he needed to use the frame to attach the new headliner on.

I’m looking forward to using it. Trying out the lanes too.

Excellent good to hear that the inner is reinstalled, the roof becomes really floppy without it.

If you can find the roof lining from the square light 70, it's makeup doesn't have the loose hanging fabric that the roundlight suffers from, just the sq light's one doesn't fit as well around the sunroof aperture! (don't ask me how I know!) but it wouldn't affect your procedure, good luck with it man!:thumbup:

Ha, it’s easier at this stage to get a custom one made I think and not a fortune.

I’d imagine it’s not easy to get a new or decent condition Toyota one without sunroof hole?

can you not just have the roof lining panel re-trimed?
nice work by the way. bet you cant wait to have it sorted and able to get out using it .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I imagine you could get away with doing just a panel but my ocd would struggle with that.

Yeah man I can’t wait to get it back, I imagine myself replaying the scene from Indiana jones I think “my little mule”???

Yeah man I can’t wait to get it back, I imagine myself replaying the scene from Indiana jones I think “my little mule”???
Romancing the stone

My little Mule “Pepe”, I just looked it up on YouTube, great scene.

Clearly I won’t be doing any of that but am looking forward to it none the less though the time the guys taking it might be snowing before then.

Only bonnet and one door do not need any paint so if that’s the case ive said just do the whole car.

I would want to put a new Screen back in, will it be easy to source although it’s an old model?

Back