Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Surprised nobody has mentioned this black 80

Another rare 24v manual... and in black

... cool :icon-cool:

I might regret not giving it a new home but the timing is wrong for me , i simply have nowhere to put it , and instinct is steering me away from it .

Not sure what it is that makes me suspicious but i have a vague notion that those crooks down Chesham way (the karhouse group) advertised a black manual 80 with tinted windows not so long ago :think: mutton dressed as lamb maybe ?

The fact they don't answer emails made it easier to dismiss .

Last edited:
theres a 1 owner low mileage manual 80 posted on the bay today, in the stupid money range at £10995. No pics at moment though

Looks like the body has had a good polish. Wonder what the underside is like. The towbar looks a bit ropey

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When I look at these trucks, their condition and their prices, I keep having mixed feelings of whether I was robbed or whether I got a bargain when I bought my low European spec GX HZJ 80.

I paid €8,000 (£5,000 at the time, in 2006) and the truck was 11 years old and in sad neglect, although there's still paint on the chassis and the engine has stood the test of time during my 10 years of ownership.

Water under the bridge though, I've probably spent twice that on it since :laughing-rolling:

That says to me Clive that you got the right one which is a bargain whichever way you look at it :thumbup:

That says to me Clive that you got the right one which is a bargain whichever way you look at it :thumbup:

'Tis to me Shayne, as you well know, but I imagine if it were posted on eblag at £6,999 Ono, the members on this forum "in the know" would rip it to bits :lol:

Looks like it's been sold so someone may have got a good sound truck there. Anyone on here....maybe?

'Tis to me Shayne, as you well know, but I imagine if it were posted on eblag at £6,999 Ono, the members on this forum "in the know" would rip it to bits :lol:

Seems to be a popular hobby on here Clive

And today she notices this ad and says ooh you should buy that :wtf: i let her talk me out of it a few days ago :icon-rolleyes:

And today she notices this ad and says ooh you should buy that :wtf: i let her talk me out of it a few days ago :icon-rolleyes:

Shayne,never let them talk you out of it ! ( Sorry mrs Shayne)

best thing to go is follow you gut feeling. Go and buy it then bring it home. Better to get the telling off once its on the drive than a telling off before you buy it :) that's always worked for me anyway :)

Only cos it's sold Shayne…it'll be interesting if it comes back up for sale again though. [emoji6]

Oh Shayne, what a dilemma :lol:

I love my 80 but it doesn't mean that you would take to one. Trouble is, there's only one way to find out... :think: Decisions, decisions.

But, you're only here once and for a guy that can buy a Hummer on impulse, an 80 would be much more worthy experience, even if you sell it on after 6 months. No pressure, mind... :lol:

I allowed her to talk me out of it because the 80 just doesn't appeal to me as it obviously does to other folk on here . I fully appreciate the 80's ability but for me its just aesthetically wrong , that said i think the decision to get one has now been made .

I am certain an 80 will not compare to my truck for eagerness and agility if driving my brothers 120 left me stone cold indifferent to it , so i will be buying with my head rather than my heart and the budget will be focused on what it could be rather than what it is .

So buy a low mileage banger paint it and get some work done on the interior , import and spend my money fitting lockers instead of fighting rust , or keep an eye out for another like the truck that started this thread ?

No rush either which way because it opens another dilemma - which 90 do i keep ?

Mine kZj90 a beast but all the parts will fit Helen's newer lower mileage kDj90 , in theory the KD can be fettled up to around 200bhp . The 1kz engine uses more fuel and has a questionable reputation . My truck has been crashed , Helen's truck is unmolested . It's a no brainer really but ultimately i would be sending my truck to its grave :icon-cry:

I allowed her to talk me out of it because the 80 just doesn't appeal to me as it obviously does to other folk on here . I fully appreciate the 80's ability but for me its just aesthetically wrong , that said i think the decision to get one has now been made

With all your reservations Shayne, I don't understand your decision to get an 80. With your trailer, you don't need the space, in general there's only you and Helen in the truck at any one time, and you don't tow anything else I'm aware of, like a big caravan or boats on regular occasions......

I think its the engine i want more than anything but there is this which might do me if it had 300hp and was the right colour :icon-wink:

IMG_2450.jpg

Back