Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Swap out passenger bench seat in a 79

Peewee

Country Flag
australia
Hi

Had a look at the Huracan seat conversion for my 79 series.
Didn't like the passenger side because it left the rail behind and the seat belt arrangement was IMO dangerous.

Looking to add a bolting point for a seat belt in a better location
Reflection of the drivers side would be ideal
Has to be engineer certified for road worthy

Has anyone done this?
Who did it if you didn't do it yourself?

Thanks in advance

Pics of the Huracan bench seat adaptors...

Huracan seat buckle.jpg Huracan seat.jpg

Have a look for a passenger seat from a 78 series wagon - they're two single seats IIRC, so the passenger seat should bolt up to existing mounts etc and therefore will avoid the need for engineering as it's a factory bolt in (but do double check first)

Have a look for a passenger seat from a 78 series wagon - they're two single seats IIRC, so the passenger seat should bolt up to existing mounts etc and therefore will avoid the need for engineering as it's a factory bolt in (but do double check first)

I'm missing the bolting points for the narrower single seat rail position
Once I have done that I can use the single Ford seat Huracan adaptors and fingers crossed get it engineered...!

I'm missing the bolting points for the narrower single seat rail position
Once I have done that I can use the single Ford seat Huracan adaptors and fingers crossed get it engineered...!
What did you end up doing I’m in the same vote

2 ways you can do it...
Weld a plate to the top with captive nuts, easier than the way I did it.
Seat belt bolt holes are 165mm apart on centers.

I removed the fuel tank etc, drilled spot welds, cut the box section, insert a 'golden' ADR approved seat belt bolt retaining plate and knocked up something similar for the passenger seat nut.

Then you have to get it all engineered and road worthy.
Just remember to replace you handbrake cover when it gets inspected etc.

I think mine is the better way as you can paint everything and keep the original look of the floor plan
5mm Plate with seat belt.PNG
Seat Belt Mounting Plate.jpeg
113.jpg
Seat Buckle Part Number_BLACK.PNG
Seat Belt Plate.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks mate I appreciate the info I think I’m just going to use the 3/4 adaptor from hurricane and put fridge on top to cover the bracket and try get the engineer certificate for it was wondering what the cert cost you mate?
Engineers report and roadworthy was about $500.

Check where the passenger seat belt will be

Engineers report and roadworthy was about $500.

Check where the passenger seat belt will be
No worries cheers mate, and I’ve been told use the soft seatbelt clicker in the position it’s already in but I don’t know how that would go on engineers side of things?

No worries cheers mate, and I’ve been told use the soft seatbelt clicker in the position it’s already in but I don’t know how that would go on engineers side of things?

Seat belt has to pass around the seat, not through it.
Has a cheese wire action in a crash but check with your engineer.

Look for my footprints as you're walking down the same path I took.

If you're in Perth maybe call Custom Cab in Bassendean.

Seat belt has to pass around the seat, not through it.
Has a cheese wire action in a crash but check with your engineer.

Look for my footprints as you're walking down the same path I took.

If you're in Perth maybe call Custom Cab in Bassendean.
Is the first post you made with the 3/4 seat adapter and the seat belt passing through the seat how yours ended up with the hurracane adapters or could it pass around the seat? Yeh it doesnt seem to safe to me id like to be able to match the driver side and I’m in vic mate cheers for that though

Is the first post you made with the 3/4 seat adapter and the seat belt passing through the seat how yours ended up with the hurracane adapters or could it pass around the seat? Yeh it doesnt seem to safe to me id like to be able to match the driver side and I’m in vic mate cheers for that though

Yes first post is with the adaptors.
You still need an engineer report.

Ye
Yes first post is with the adaptors.
You still need an engineer report.
Yes I know mate my question is if the way you have the seat belt clicker running through the seat the only way it would go or will it reach wrapping around the seat? And I know still need engineer report mate cherrs

Ye

Yes I know mate my question is if the way you have the seat belt clicker running through the seat the only way it would go or will it reach wrapping around the seat? And I know still need engineer report mate cherrs
On mine the only way was through the seat.

On mine the only way was through the seat.
Did you end up getting a hard stalk seat belt clicker for the passenger side? I thought the middle clicker would fit but it Doesn’t cheers

Did you end up getting a hard stalk seat belt clicker for the passenger side? I thought the middle clicker would fit but it Doesn’t cheers
Yes but I also moved the seatbbelt bolt hole
I will try and find you a part number when I get home

Back