Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Swing out spare wheel carrier mount bit!!

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
I did ask about these on the other forum a while ago. I am making a bumper a week on saturday and I need the bit that goes on the bumper, the bearing mount/bit.

I seem to remember that a member has one or knew where to get one. I think it was Jon or Julian? Or anyone else?

Paul

Julian thought he might have one a while back on TLOCUK but I don't know if he ever found it...

I am in the process of making mine at present with a plate top & bottom & two bearings in housing trapped between them on a shaft - doing it this way really because of the close cut bumper design I went for...

It'll look good when finished though (I hope ;-))

Might have a toggle clip for you if you need one Paul...

Slee used to do them, don't know if they still do, not sure if any of the UK bumper fabricators would sell you one but it might be worth a try? I have banned myself from doing anything for other people now till my truck is ready for France or I might have been able to make you one.

I'm sure I recall folk using stub axles off other vehicles from other forums...

thanks Gav that would be great.

I just need to know a hole size so i can dril it before it gets hot dipped.

Paul

I have these kicking about Paul - not quite what I would use but maybe they could be configured to be of use...

The first one is more of a clamp... It needs a bolt in the arm that moves up & down to clamp down onto the object being held... To give you an idea of scale, its about 175mm tall in the first pic...

14042010860.jpg
Closed

14042010861.jpg
Open

I have just the one at this size but there are two that are slightly bigger :shock:

And this is the other one...

14042010862.jpg

I thought there were some others knocking about which I would have thought were more suitable but if these are of use, let me know. You can't have my staple remover though...

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gav, that first pic had me a little worried until I scrolled down enough to see the whole item! :lol:

175mm you say... that makes about 7" :?

:lol: :lol:

Jimbo4x4 said:
Gav, that first pic had me a little worried until I scrolled down enough to see the whole item! :lol:

175mm you say... that makes about 7" :?

:lol: :lol:

You can have one of the bigger ones if you like Jim ;-)

BTW, thanks for the call earlier - if things progress with the 120, I'll give you a call... :D

Paul_Humphreys said:
3rd one look the best one to use, as I can always adjust it...

Drop me PM with your address & I can post or I'll drop you a sketch of the drillings - there's a few lying about so I'll doss you a couple if requied... They might be handy for trailer lids actually...

Hmmm...

Back