Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Swing out spare wheel carrier mount bit!!

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
I have been searching the web for the hinge/spindle, but I can not find one. Anyone know who sells them?

I need one as I have started the rear bumper and want to get the wheel carrier mount started.

Paul

{admin: moved to "Wanted"}

Paul, I can post a couple of pics of what I did for mine which is a bit different to what normal folks do because of the way I chopped MUX's rear end if that might provide inspiration...

Julian V had one kicking around (think it was a slee jobby) which i managed to pry off his hands.

But, looking at it, it would be very easy to make something up with a couple of bearings and a lathe.

The hardest part would be making a cap to secure it all in place!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'd ring him Paul - that part had my name on it for ages... :-(

lol, as long as you do not still want it. I have drop him a PM.

Paul

Dude - if you can get it out of him, you deserve it!!!

Good luck ;-)

:lol:

lol. Will let you know.

Anyway, if not the one from the USA is $43 for the shipping. So it might have to be that.

Paul

pugwash said:
The hardest part would be making a cap to secure it all in place!

Easy to get a cap, just machine the top so it is the same size as the outer of a drive flange, then use a drive flange cap :)

Paul

Cheeky sods ;-)

I have the spindle and the sleeve, but can't find the other bits and would quite like to hold on to what I have.

I would be happy to pass on dimensions if required.

Thats ok, just need someone with a cnc machine centre to make some ;)

Paul

Julian Voelcker said:
Cheeky sods ;-)

I have the spindle and the sleeve, but can't find the other bits and would quite like to hold on to what I have.

I would be happy to pass on dimensions if required.

Snigger snigger ;-)

Go on then, pass on the dimensions, lets see what we can do.

Cheers Jules

I will order one from the States later this week, if someone can make them I am happy to lend it out to make more, bearings should be ok as they will have part numbers on. As I said the cap can be sorted!!

Paul

Paul,
Are you any nearer with this - did you manage to get a shipping price from any of the above mentioned American suppliers?

Has anyone else done this? I've got the heavy duty steel rear bumper - but want to weld or bolt on a wheel carrier

not had a chance yet. But yes i got a price for shipping. I think it was $48 plus $48 for the bits. So about £50 all in. I can post the right link when i get home.

Paul

Back